twenty five

HARRY'S POV
THREE WEEKS LATER

The incessant vibrations of my phone jolt me awake.

My eyes squint open to the dark room because the sun hasn't risen yet, the only light coming from my bright phone screen laying on the nightstand right next to my head.

I rub my eyes a bit, reaching over carefully so I don't make any noise and unplugging my phone so I can see it.

5:31 am.

My eyes snap open.

A missed call from Addison and a few texts sit in my notifications, and I sit up quickly out of instinct but curse in my head when I realize I could've woken Lainey. Thankfully when I turn my head to the right she's still knocked out, her arms clutching her pillow with the side of her face smushed into it.

From Addison Hayes:

5:28 am
I'm here!!

5:29 am
Are you even awake
Please tell me I'm not gonna have to break in and wake you both up

Thank god I woke up when I did because she would've actually attempted to break in if she had to and Lainey and I might've missed our flight.

Yes, today we're hopping on a plane.

She doesn't know.

It's been a few more weeks since the breakup and Lainey still hasn't stopped working like crazy. She won't rest; I noticed it, Addison noticed it, even Louis said something to me about how much she's been in the office lately. So, I decided to do something about it.

I talked to Addison and she was completely on board with the idea of getting Lainey out of London for a a few days, so about a week and a half ago I booked our flight, got an airbnb, and patiently waited for today to arrive.

Yesterday, Addison came by and packed Lainey's suitcase while we were gone and hid it on my side of the closet, and thankfully she didn't notice that anything was gone because all she changed into last night was her pajamas.

I packed quickly when she fell asleep last night, giving me a solid five hours of sleep, give or take, but I think my adrenaline will get me through the day. This is a relaxing beach trip anyway, it's not like I'll need crazy amounts of energy or anything.

I'm ecstatic today has finally come. I can't wait to see Lainey's face when she finds out our destination. I've been itching to get out of the city this summer too, and this gave me a perfect reason to do so.

I quietly slip out of the bed, sliding my feet across the hardwood floor in my sweatpants and t-shirt to unlock and open the door.

I see Addison standing on the other side, a look of relief on her face when she sees me and I smile, ushering her inside. She slips in as quietly as possible, not making a peep.

"Thanks for coming this early." I whisper.

"It's no problem, I'm happy to drop you guys at the airport. She's not awake yet, is she?" She replies in an equally quiet tone.

I shake my head. "I just got up. I'm kind of scared to wake her up because we both know what she's like in the mornings. She'll hate me." I chuckle.

"Well, we have about twenty minutes until we have to leave if you don't wanna miss your flight, so better get on that."

"I'll need to get our bags first."

"Wait, I need to put a few more things in hers." She says and we sneak back into the bedroom, going into the closet.