forty three

sorry for the wait! this chapter is like half smut lol ur welcome

MADDIE'S POV

ONE MONTH SINCE ENGAGEMENT

"I'm cold."

"I told you to bring a jacket."

"But I didn't. And now I'm cold."

"I can't control the weather."

"But you can control who wears your jacket."

Harry stops walking and paces in front of me, looking down at me like he's tired of my shit and I muster up the most saccharine smile I can.

"What if I was cold too?"

"Well, yeah, but...you've got more muscle. More...body warmth, I don't know. Consider it a compliment. I'm weak and can't generate my own warmth, therefore you will be kind enough to help me."

"I told you to bring a jacket."

"And I'm admitting you were right. Take the win. Make the sacrifice."

He stares at me and shakes his head for a second before dramatically taking his hands out of his pockets and ripping his jacket off his shoulders. I chuckle like a villain in victory as he swings the jacket over my shoulders and I quickly push my arms through the already toasty sleeves, immediately sighing in warmth.

"Thank you!" I smile sweetly and wrap an arm around his torso, continuing down the sidewalk with a skip in my step as he lugs after me.

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbles, and as I look ahead at the street I just know he's smirking.

So, happy fall.

Let's get up to speed, shall we?

Summer disappeared like a moment in time, and in the snap of a finger here I am walking down the street on this chilly late September evening with my fiancé. But the last month was busy as ever, with major decisions for our wedding in full swing and being made. However, we've had a tremendous amount of pressure off of our shoulders because Harry and I both agreed that after the chaos of planning Addison and Zayn's wedding, hiring a wedding planner was a no-brainer, so we did.

That's just where we've come from actually- we had a meeting with her this afternoon and it ran a little longer than planned because Harry and I couldn't make up our minds about the cake flavors. Eventually, we came to a compromise and decided, but it was still just us being stubborn. Typical.

We picked a date for the big day in the early Spring. No, we are not getting married exactly on our thirtieth birthday because that would just be too corny. We figured we came full circle enough, so Saturday, March sixteenth is the official date.

I shit myself a little every time I think about it.

Since apparently the magical-fairytale-seemed-like-fiction proposal wasn't enough to make me finally acknowledge that my dream is actually coming true, I don't think it's going to hit me until I'm hearing the music cue for me to walk down the aisle.

Actually, scratch that. Probably not until our ten year anniversary. Or twenty. Thirty?

I got my dress. Cried in the process. Everyone did. But mostly me.

Since we still have plenty of months to go, the planning is not even close to being done. We got most of the big stuff out of the way, but I have a feeling we're going to be just as busy as we were last year with Addison and Zayn's wedding. I don't think there's any denying that both Harry and I are going to nitpick every last detail to make it perfect.