fifteen

this is a double update, make sure you read fourteen first!!

HARRY'S POV

"Okay, take a band and place it around your ankles. You're gonna move side to side in a squatting position, and it's gonna create resistance that will help your knee, got it?" I explain the exercise to Cameron, who's in for a dislocated knee after playing football- one of the many athletes with the same problem that we treat.

"Got it." She replies, beginning the exercise. I grab her chart and begin to wipe down the bike she was just using to warm up, and I spot Miles come back into the room and walk towards me.

"H, you have to try these cupcakes that Owen's wife made." He explains with wide eyes, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Seeing as you've got crumbs all over your mouth, I assume they're good?" I chuckle, throwing the towel I was using at him.

"I've had six."

"Well then did you leave any?" I scoff.

"Yeah, so go get one. I'll take over for Cameron, gimme her chart."

"It's that serious?" I raise my eyebrows and he nods. "Okay fine, start her on calf stretches next."

"You got it!"

I guess I'm on my way to get a cupcake now, so I make my way towards the break room to see if these are really worth the hype Miles is giving them. There's two left in the box, they look like they're chocolate flavored and they have white icing swirled on them for decoration. They do look pretty damn good.

When I take a bite, I'm surprised to say they're really fucking good. Like insanely good. Like melt-in-your-mouth-and-make-you-rethink-all-your-healthy-eating-habits-good. Is that a thing? Sure.

"Enjoying it?" Owen comes into the room, hands full with charts.

"Jen seriously made these? From scratch?"

"I know, right? I brought them in so I wouldn't eat every single one myself."

"A good decision on your part. Want the last one?"

"All yours, man." He says before leaving, and I take my last bite of the cupcake. With full intentions to eat the last one, I pick it up, but then I get an idea.

I wouldn't want to eat another when there's someone who hasn't tried one yet...it would give me an excuse to talk to her...

I shrug my shoulders, grabbing a napkin and placing the cupcake on it before walking out of the break room. I shout to Miles that I'll be back in a minute, I know he'll be fine by himself because it's a slow day today and there's only a couple patients back there.

I walk down the stairwell with a skip in my step, eager to talk to Lainey even though I saw her just yesterday, and the night before that.

Although it wasn't ideal circumstances, I was still glad for the time we had together and that she and my siblings got to catch up on Tuesday.

By unideal circumstances, I mean James. Her boyfriend. I will say it right now- I'll even put it in writing- I don't like him. At all. I haven't liked him once since his name came out of Lainey's mouth the first time and officially meeting him just confirmed that even further. I thought about what it would be like to have him there and I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but when I saw him with his arm around her waist, I got nauseous.

He gives off horrible vibes. I've had a terrible gut feeling about him ever since I saw him with my own eyes at the restaurant a few weeks ago and last night just cemented it. He seems... possessive, and as I was watching Lainey the whole night, I could just tell she was annoyed but trying to hide it.