forty one

this chapter switches POVs back and forth several times, so keep track of that! basically both of their POVs are happening at the same time (which might make more sense as you read)

MADDIE'S POV

SUMMER

I almost let out a yelp when another body almost slams into mine in the middle of the hallway as I exit the bathroom.

"Why are you sprinting?" I yell after Eden as she continues down the hallway and into the kitchen.

"Sorry!" She just says, disregarding my question. I gather myself and turn off the bathroom light, reemerging into the bustling kitchen.

Tonight is girls night. All of the girls- yes, literally all of us- are together for the evening to hang out and have some much needed time together. The boys are doing their own thing and I have no idea what it is, but I'm just happy to be with the girls for tonight.

"Maddie, hold Emmy for me? I need to pee." Caroline says as she comes into my line of sight, handing me the newest edition to our family.

Emmy, or Emmaline, more specifically, born April twenty first of this year- about a month and a half ago.

One of the many, many things that have occurred in the first half of this year and since Christmas. Harry and I turned twenty nine, we celebrated, like, five other birthdays, Harry's parents' anniversary, etcetera, etcetera. It's been a hectic six months, but god knows they've been some of the happiest.

I take the six week old from Caroline and hold her on my left arm, grabbing my champagne glass from where I left it and taking a sip.

"Ugh. I miss alcohol." Addison says as she watches me drink, leaning over the counter with her arms crossed.

"Being pregnant makes you miss a lot of things." I remark, making her roll her eyes.

"A lot of things." She understates, finishing the rest of her water.

She's ten weeks. I was the first one to find out because she came over in an absolute panicked frenzy and took the test in my bathroom, and then we freaked out together when it came back positive. Harry was then the next one to find out because it was impossible for him not to since he heard us screaming in the bathroom and promptly asked what was wrong. Then of course Zayn found out that he was going to be a dad and I didn't witness it, but I was told his reaction brought Addison to tears. I would honestly expect nothing less.

"I'm starving, when is the pizza getting here?" Sarah thinks out loud as she comes over to refill her drink, grabbing a cracker from the snack board we put together.

As if on cue, the doorbell chimes through Dakota and Eliza's flat. "Now." I say, and Sarah eagerly goes to get the door.

"Did Zayn tell you what the guys were doing tonight?" I ask Addison as I begin to hear everyone make their way back to the kitchen at the sound of the doorbell.

"If he did, I didn't catch it."

"I bet it's karaoke. They love that stuff."

"Damn straight."

HARRY'S POV

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she doesn't know we're here, right?" Mitch remarks from the backseat as we sit in the car park.

I shake my head. "Nope. You didn't tell Addison, right?" I turn to Zayn in the passenger seat.

"Told her we're just going to the pub but I don't think she registered it." He chuckles.