fourteen

1k reads already???? HELLO????? who allowed that???? y'all are the best, i tried to get this update out as fast as possible!! enjoy!!

MADDIE'S POV

Another week means another studio drop in to see Addison and Eden, and after Tuesday night's events, it's much needed.

When Harry dropped me off, James wasn't even back yet. His work junk was all sprawled out where he left it and he didn't get back until about thirty minutes after I did. When I heard him come in from the bedroom I figured he got right back to work, and I was right, because I fell asleep long before he even showed his face in the bedroom.

Yesterday, Harry and I had lunch as promised. It ended up being too close of a time crunch for both of us because of all of our appointments so we ordered lunch to be delivered and ate in my office, only spending a mere thirty minutes together before he had to get back upstairs. It was much too short-lived for my liking, but it was still nice.

This morning I had a couple appointments and now I'm keeping up the theme of having lunch out as I'm on my way to pick up the food I ordered for the three of us to eat at the studio. Eden said they're wrapping up a shoot soon so it was the perfect time for me to pop over.

The only downside is that it's raining. Like, torrential downpour. I hate driving in the rain more than I hate the rain itself, and everyone on the road gets mad at me because I'm too scared to go even close to the speed limit with all the wet, slick pavements.

It started raining mid-morning, so I didn't dress for the weather or bring an umbrella and my jeans are sticking to me and my sneakers are all sloshy. My hair is frizzy too and the humidity is causing some of the natural curl in my hair to come back but it still looks so disheveled, just to top it all off.

I groan loudly even though the driver who just honked at me can't hear me. I can barely see through the windshield with the speed that the rain is coming down and my windshield wipers are working double-time, it's not my choice to be driving this slow.

I turn into the entrance for the cafe I ordered lunch from and quickly park, bracing myself and grabbing the bare minimum that I need to save everything from getting soaked before I open the door and run as fast as I can inside.

Despite the twenty steps it took me, I literally feel like I just jumped in a pool.

I ordered the food for pick up so I quickly grab the bag that's ready to go with my name on it on the counter, sending a quick thank you to one of the employees. I'm already drenched so there's nothing to help me there, so now my main mission is to protect the food on my way back to the car.

I hold it as tightly to my chest as possible before pushing the door open with my hip and walking quickly to the car, sliding in right as a crack of thunder rings out and I almost drop the food.

"Fucking hell..." I say to myself and I start the car again, the seat underneath me now completely soaked. I drive the five minutes over to the studio and decide to park near the back entrance because it's less distance from the car to the door. When I do park, I grab my keys and the food and bolt inside, only spending a few seconds in the rain before swinging the door open.

I breathe out a sigh of relief as I hear Addison and Eden's faint voices in the other room. My shoes squeak as I leave wet footprints as I walk into the main studio and I can see the remnants of the set of their last shoot still in the corner.

"I'm here!" I say, holding up the bag of food that I successfully saved from the rain.

"It's raining?" Eden says sarcastically, knowing how I feel about the inclement weather.