9 | black eyed fights

"Come on, Potter!" Marlene exclaimed. "You won us the game, you have to come!"

"I'd rather go to the library and study for O.W.L.'s," she excused with a wave of her hand.

The blonde snorted, "It's a miracle you and James are related." The two made their way from the girls locker room. She waved her hand ahead of them, "Would the two of you tell your sister that she has to come to the party?"

Sirius turned to Angela, "You have to go to the party."

She rolled her eyes, "No."

Sirius turned to Angela, "I tried."

"That was a piss poor attempt," she scowled, "Potter?"

"Hmm?" he replied, his focus apparently elsewhere. He jittered back to life, "Sorry, what?"

Marlene huffed, "Never mind."

"I'll see you lot later," Angela waved to the group before she made her way to the castle, blocking the rain with a simple spell. She had showered in the changing room, getting rid of all the mud that had been caked to her skin.

She made her way to the seventh floor where she had agreed to meet Regulus after the game. He was already there, looking as though he hadn't ever been in the Quidditch match to begin with. When he looked up, however, she let out a gasp, "Merlin, Reg. What happened?"

"Nothing," he replied as he pushed himself off the wall. He paced back and forth for a moment before a door appeared. He opened it and gestured for her to enter with his head, "You coming or what?"

"That is not nothing," she replied as she entered the room, followed by him. The door closed behind them and vanished.

"Well, it is nothing," he stated as he crossed the room to a table that had three books on it. He picked one up and handed it to her, "Here."

"What's this?" she inquired as she took it.

"Did you think we would just dive right into spell work?"

"That's fair," she nodded before looking up at him. "I'll read it if you tell me what happened."

"I'm pretty sure I'm teaching you this as a favor," he reminded her.

"I thought you were doing it so I could protect myself?"

"Salazar, you're insufferable."

"Right back at you."

"It was just some kid on the Quidditch team," he waved off as he made his way to the couch. "He didn't like that we lost. It doesn't matter," he shook his head. "Now read."

She reluctantly opened the textbook and began to read. The words on the page began to blur as her mind wandered. Because she had won the game, he got a black eye?

"It wasn't like that," he said and her head shot up to look at him. "It's complicated."

She waved off the fact that he had read her mind, "Uncomplicate it."

"I can't."

She let out a huff as she placed the book to the side and turned to face him, "You can. I'm not going to tell anyone."

"Not intentionally," he countered.

"You think someone will try and break into my mind?"

"I know someone will try that."

"Then teach me how to fight it," she requested. "That's technically Dark Magic. You said you would teach me so teach me."

"Angel..." he trailed off warily. "It can be difficult."

"I can take it."

"In order to do it, I have to delve into your mind," Regulus explained. "I may learn things you don't want me to know."

"There isn't anything I have to hide," she pointed out. "I trust you."

He shook his head, "You shouldn't. You're too-"

"Call me naive and I'll give you another black eye," she warned.

"But you are," he explained. "You know who I am. You know who my family is. I am not trustworthy."

"That's not true," she countered, shaking her head. "Your brother thought the same thing. He-"

"Merlin, you're as bad as your brother," Regulus huffed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't want nor need your help. I am not Sirius. I am not redeemable so stop trying."

Angela scoffed, "Alright then, if that's what you want." She stood up from the couch and he watched her in confusion, "I'll leave you alone."

Regulus shook his head slightly, "Angel, wait-" But she was already gone.