46 | torrid affair

Angela had slipped out of the room shortly after she had woken up. She had a Quidditch match in a few hours and even though she felt like she had been rammed in the head by a bludger a dozen times over, she still had her obligations. Maybe it was time to hand the captain title over to someone else.

She trudged up to her room, her head throbbing and her body aching and grabbed her belongings before turning around and heading to the Quidditch Pitch.

She changed rather quietly, the few girls on the team bustling around as usual. Once she made her way out, she immediately made her way to Sirius.

"Sirius," Angela called and the boy looked up at the sound of his name. He raised an eyebrow and she waved him over. He jogged over and she smiled at the boy tightly. "After today's game, I'm resigning from the team. And I'm making you captain."

His eyes widened, "What?"

"What? You don't want it?" she asked.

"No, well, yes," he corrected, "But why?"

"Have you seen me lately?" she asked him. "I can barely tell my right hand from my left and I - I'm doing too much right now. I can't exactly quit school so unfortunately, this is the first to go."

He frowned, "But you love Qudditch."

Her expression mirrored his as she nodded sadly, "I did. I mean, I still do but...I have bigger things to worry about."

He pulled her into a swift hug, taking her by surprise. "Ang, I'm so sorry," he apologized. "This is my fault. Well, it's my brother's fault. And by association, it's my fault. And I'm sorry this is happening and I'm sorry there's nothing I can do to stop it."

"This isn't because of you, Sirius," she pointed out. She pulled away slightly so she could look at him, "And I'm not even sure it's your brother's fault either. It's because of who our family chooses to be. If it wasn't me, it would have been one of you."

"He should have stayed away from you," Sirius shook his head. "Or you, him? Or...I don't know. I just - I'm sorry."

She smiled sadly, "I know. Now let's go win my last Quidditch match, okay?"

He raised his hand and she clapped hers against it, "We've got it in the bag."

And they did. They won against Hufflepuff with ease, making Angela's final Quidditch match a success. At least she managed to do that for them before leaving.

The group announced a party in the name of their victory and everyone rushed to the common room. Angela took her time, showering and carefully hanging her Quidditch gear up. She would come back for it another time seeing as she had yet to tell the team about her departure, sans Sirius.

Angela made her way back to the castle, bracing herself for the impact of seeing everyone all happy and exciting at the party. As she opened the door to enter, she almost ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry-" the apology died in her throat as she stared at the Slytherin girl in front of her.

"Oh, hello," Adhara greeted, sticking her hand out, "You must be Angela. It's nice to finally meet you." Angela couldn't bring herself to speak as she stared at the girl. Adhara lowered her hand, "Or maybe I have you confused with someone else."

The two had never interacted with each other seeing as Adhara had transferred to the school after she got engaged to Regulus. Prior to that, she had been homeschooled. Her heart dropped to her stomach as everything came rushing back to her. Adhara was Regulus's fiancé.

He had a fiancé.

And Angela had slept with him anyway.

Multiple times.

Angela's eyes welled with tears and she quickly shook her head, "I - I have to go."

"What? Angela!" she called out but the girl was long gone.

She sprinted through the halls and to the Gryffindor common room. She had forgotten about the party until the portrait swung open. Her breaths were erratic and excessive. She looked around the room when her brother caught her eye. James smiled at the girl but the happy grin slowly slipped away when he saw her tear-filled expression.

He ran to her immediately, grabbing her hand, "Angela? What's going on? What is it?"

"I - I just..." she tried, shaking her head. "I - I'm not-"

"Hey, woah," he said quickly, "You're okay, Ang. Just breathe with me." He looked around the room, "Come on, let's get you out of here."

"I don't-" she tried but he shook his head as he led her upstairs to the boys room.

"Angela, talk to me," he pleaded as she stood in the middle of his room, his hands running through her hair.

"I'm okay," she told him after a moment. "I'm...I just got overwhelmed but I'm alright now."

He shook his head, "Angie-"

"I just...I need to go to bed, okay?" she informed him and he frowned at this. "I need to be alone for a while."

"You're sure you're okay?" he asked.

"I'm sure."

Angela was quick to leave the room at this. She made her way downstairs, her brother following down shortly after.

"Hey, Ang-" Sirius began but she walked right past him. James frowned at this and the boy turned in confusion, "Is she okay?"

"I hope so."