30 | good riddance

There was a brief moment of stunned silence before the Potter's sprung into action. James was quick to snatch his sister away from the boy and Sirius had Regulus pinned up against the fireplace a moment later.

Fleamont and Euphemia took Angela to the other room to take care of her and Regulus let out a sigh of relief, his shoulders slumping forward.

"I don't have much time, they could come back at any moment," he explained quickly, his hands up in surrender as Sirius pressed his wand closer to the boy's throat. "I need to get back and you need to close the floo network so they can't come here."

"What are you doing here?" he demanded

"They had blocked off the sitting room for a month, I got past Kreacher and found Daisy and Angela-"

"Daisy?"

"She's gone," he explained. "So much blood..." he trailed off, the image flashing in his head, "She was...no one could survive that."

"Focus, Regulus," Sirius requested and his grip loosened. "What happened?"

"I don't know!" he exclaimed. "How did she end up there in the first place? I don't understand!"

"She was taken from Diagon Alley two weeks after term ended."

"What?" he paled. "She was there for a whole month."

Sirius let the boy go, "Apparently."

"You need to punch me," Regulus requested.

"What?" Sirius asked in confusion. "I'm not going to punch you."

"They can't know that I came will-"

"I'll do it," James cut him off. He nailed the boy in the jaw with no remorse - and no warning - causing his head to hit the wall behind him.

"Prongs!" Sirius exclaimed and James merely grunted in response.

"Good," Regulus muttered, wiping some of the good. "Good. Now, as far as I'm concerned, you figured out where she was and came to rescue. I caught you in the act and tried to stop you so you took both of us and then sent me back as a warning. Understood?"

"You're going back?" Sirius gaped.

"I don't have a choice."

"Hang on-"

"She was there for a month and you expect me to believe you happened to not realize that till today?" James demanded, stepping toward him menacingly. Regulus stepped back but said nothing. "In your own home?"

"You don't have to believe me."

James grabbed the boy by the jaw and slammed him roughly against the fireplace, "You stay the hell away from my sister, do you understand me?" He squeezed tighter, "Answer me."

"I understand."

"James," Fleamont said and his grip loosened only slightly, "She's asking for you."

James pulled Regulus off the wall before tossing him into the fireplace effortlessly. He grabbed a handful of floo powder and tossed it at him, "Number 12 Grimmauld Place." The boy vanished from sight and James dusted off his hands, ignoring the look on Sirius's face, "Good riddance."