13 | pompous birthday boy

Angela woke up to a sudden dip in her bed. She shot up and immediately reached for her wand, aiming it at the perpetrator. She relaxed slightly when she realized that it was only Sirius but then she gripped her wand tighter, "How the hell did you get in here?"

"I have my ways," he announced with a shrug, "Do you know what today is?"

"Get out of my bed," she ordered and he huffed. "Out, Black."

"Sorry I'm not the Black you wish was in your bed," he replied and she narrowed her eyes. "That's right," he mused, "I know about you and my brother's little tryst."

"Tryst?" she inquired with a raised eyebrow. "There is no tryst."

"Then why'd you two skip out on the second half of Slughorn's class the other day?"

"We didn't stay together," she replied simply. "I went to the library and he went...I don't know where."

"And you dumped your potion on him because?"

"He's a pompous ass," she answered. "He gets that from you."

"He certainly does," Sirius grinned. "Onto more pressing matters - and we're not done talking about my brother, for the record, we'll pick back up on that later - do you know what today is?"

"Er, Friday?"

"No," he rolled his eyes. "Well, yes, but that's not why it's important."

"Enlighten me."

He pouted, "You really don't know?" She raised an eyebrow in response, "Merlin, what is it with you Potter's and forgetting the best day of your life?"

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"Today is November 3rd!" he exclaimed as he sat up. "My birthday! The day the world was graced with my presence!"

She snorted, "Graced. Sure." She rolled her eyes as she hopped out of bed, "Is today really your birthday?" She scratched her head in thought, "I could have sworn it wasn't for another week."

"You've been too distracted by my brother," he countered. "And seeing as I have every right to be mad at you for forgetting my birthday, I'm going to just get straight to the point. You need to stay away from him."

"How predictable of you, Sirius."

"He's dangerous," Sirius pointed out. "You could get seriously hurt."

Angela rolled her eyes, "There is absolutely nothing to worry about."

"I disagree," he shook his head. "I know my family and I know my brother. The second my mother finds out, you-"

"There's nothing to find out," Angela interrupted. "We're just partners in Potions."

"Mmhmm."

"Would you get out of my room so I can get ready for the day?"

"You are not worthy of my presence," he informed the girl.

"Then leave," she suggested and he narrowed his eyes before leaving the room.

"You, Potter, are so beyond lucky," America announced and Angela jumped. "Waking up to Sirius Black in your bed? If I was you, I don't think I'd ever stop smiling."

"That's disgusting America," Angela scowled. "He's my friend. He's basically my brother

"I would kill to have a friend like that," America let out a sigh, "Godric, he's gorgeous. And that ass."

"Ew," Angela grimaced, "You can have him for all I care."

"And what about the other?" she mused. "You got a claim on the Slytherin as well?"

Angela looked over at her, "What?"

"Oh, come on," America mused, "No matter how much the two of you put up a front, there is something there."

Angela shook her head, "He hates me."

She snorted, "He does not. He may think he has to and therefore acts as though he does, but he certainly doesn't hate you. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to hate you."

"Was that a compliment?"

"Don't get used to it."

Angela rolled her eyes, "Up and at 'em, America. We have classes to get to and a party to pretend isn't happening."