36 | personal body guards

"I can't believe Dumbledore thought making you Head Boy was a good idea," Angela informed her brother in exasperation. They trudged their way toward the train for what felt like the millionth time in their lifetime. Despite James' vehement argument against the girl's return, she won. "The school will be in shambles before the weeks end."

"Hey!" he exclaimed apprehensively, "I will make a just fine Head Boy, thank you very much."

"Yeah, that's assuming you can keep your eyes off Evan's long enough to actually pay attention to your role," she countered as she hoisted her bag up and into the storage unit. James remained silent at this as he stuffed his belongings away. The girl turned to look at him, "What is it?"

James shrugged, "I don't know. We haven't really been talking all that much."

"Didn't you get a post from her two days ago?" she countered.

"Yes, but that was the first time in two weeks."

"That doesn't mean anything," she informed him. "She could have just been busy. If it's bad where we are, I can't imagine the restrictions she's under given that she's muggleborn. She's more at risk than we are, which says quite a bit, honestly."

The boy was once again silent and Angela looked over to see him staring at her with wide eyes, "Oh, come off of it, James." She huffed, "You seriously never considered any of this?" He shook his head slowly, the wheels churning in his mind, "Some boyfriend you are."

"I'm not her boyfriend," he corrected as he stood up, "I'm going to go find her."

"You may as well be!" Angela shouted after his retreating figure. The girl fell back in her seat with a huff. 'I'm not leaving your side,' they had said, 'You'll want to hex us before the week is up!' But alas, there she sat alone, unable to prevent her mind from wandering. Sirius had disappeared the second they boarded to find Remus and James lasted longer than she had expected. If only Daisy could be here.

"This one ought to be empty," a girl's voice spoke as they slid the compartment door open. Angela's eyes widened at the intruders. Of course they would be the ones to find her alone. "Oh, we're sorry-"

Angela stood up almost immediately, Barty had pushed his way past Adhara and Regulus without a second thought and she could just see Crabbe and Goyle trying to get a good look at what was going on. "Crouch, let it go," Regulus suggested.

"I'm through listening to your reasoning, Black," he spat as he stepped toward the lone Gryffindor, "She's mine, just as she should have been all along."

"Is it that you enjoy being humiliated, Barthelemew?" Angela inquired and even though her heart was beating hard against her chest, she stepped closer to the boy, "You really are a masochist, aren't you?" Crouch drew his wand and had it pressed against her throat but Angela didn't even flinch. "Do it," she taunted, "Or are you a coward like your friend?"

She stood up on her toes and leaned closer to him, the wand digging into her throat, as she whispered, "Go on then, Crouch...Prove to him how loyal you truly are."

"Expelliarmus!" someone shouted and the wand flew from the boy's hand. Angela reacted quickly, her wand drawn instantly. "Incarcerous," she said, ropes spewing from her wand and wrapping almost delicately around his hands and feet.

He narrowed his eyes, "You're dead you filthy blood traitor."

"Oh, please," she rolled her eyes, "You're not the first person to say that and you most certainly won't be the last."

"Angela!" James exclaimed as he pushed Crabbe and Goyle out of the way, stepping between Regulus and Adhara, "Oh." He looked between Angela and Crouch, "Well, you had this one handled." Angela narrowed her eyes as her brother glanced from Adhara to Regulus, a wave of disgust washing over his face that he quickly masked, "I suppose congratulations are in order."

"Prongs!" Sirius exclaimed and Angela rolled her eyes.

"And now it's a party," Angela huffed as she plopped down in the seat, ignoring the daggers that Crouch was sending her way.

"What are all of these snakes doing in our compartment?" he demanded as he pushed his way through, intentionally avoiding contact with his brother.

"Oh, they were just leaving, Pads," James informed him, turning to look at Regulus. "Weren't you?"

Crabbe and Goyle turned around to come face to face with Remus and Peter.

Regulus glanced over at Angela who appeared as though she couldn't care less before looking up at the elder Potter, "I suppose so."

"Oh, you-" Crouch began but Regulus waved his wand, muttering something as he did so. This action released Crouch from his bindings but his mouth sealed shut.

Regulus summoned the boy's wand before gesturing with his head, "The blood traitor is Head Boy now. We'll have to tread more carefully." The Slytherin cast another furtive glance at Angela before he ushered everyone away.

"You said you would stay with her!" Sirius shouted accusingly.

"I didn't think leaving for two seconds would be the end of the world!" James countered.

"Clearly you were wrong!"

"Oh, shut it, would you?" Angela requested with a huff. "You can't stay with me the whole year," she reminded them, "And you won't always be here to protect me."