15 | idiotic sobriety

"Practice everyone," the Professor suggested. "It's unlikely that you will get it today but it never hurts to try."

The students immediately started talking as the Professor walked into his office. He had a tendency to assign a spell and then disappear.

Today, Angela didn't mind it so much.

She carefully started her way toward the door but someone stopped her before she could get out. "Now where do you think you're going, Angel?" Regulus inquired as he casually leaned against the wall next to the door. He turned his head to look at her with a raised eyebrow, no doubt waiting for a response.

"What's it to you, Reggie?"

He shifted at this, his gaze flickering around the room to make sure no one overheard the use of the nickname. He was undoubtedly worried about what would happen to his reputation if someone overheard him being referred to as 'Reggie.'

"Merely curious as to what would motivate the Angela Potter to skip class."

She shrugged, "Do you even know what today is?"

"Er," he began, "Friday?"

She rolled her eyes, "You're an idiot."

She started toward the door but he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "Here," he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling something out, "Give this to him for me, would you?"

Angela placed her hand over the present, her thumb brushing against his hand as she pushed it back toward his chest. "Give it to him yourself," she suggested and she looked up at him. They were close enough that she could smell the pine from his after shave. "Tonight, we're having a party in the Gryffindor common room. You should come."

He shook his head, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"I'm not going to make you," she said pointedly as she removed her hand from his own. "But I think you should." She looked around the room before moving around him, "Just think about it."

She quickly stepped out of the room, leaving the boy to his thoughts. She immediately made her way to where she had left Sirius.

By the time she arrived, it appeared as though he hadn't gotten his hands on another bottle of Firewhiskey. She groaned as she walked toward him, immediately taking the bottle from him.

His face contorted in anger as he stood up, towering over her with ease but she remained unphased. "Give it back," he demanded. Rather than obeying, she threw the bottle to the side causing it to shatter across the floor. He glared at the girl, "What the fuck, Angela?"

"Merlin, look at you," she huffed. "You're plastered! I was gone for maybe thirty minutes!"

"You owe me a bottle of Firewhiskey," he said, pointed down at the girl.

She rolled her eyes, "I owe you nothing." She crossed her arms over her chest, "You need to sober up." She pulled out her wand and summoned a glass of water, sticking it out to him.

"You need to back off," he countered, dismissing the cup.

"You're being ridiculous," she informed him. "Drink the water before you lose consciousness or worse."

"Like you care," Sirius spat.

"What the hell are you on about this time?"

"You, your brother, Moony, Wormtail, Regulus..." he trailed. "None of you care. None of you have ever cared about me."

"And you wonder why we never let you drink."

"You...all of you..." he growled out. "Just...screw you."

"Sirius!" Angela shouted in exasperation. "We're throwing a surprise party for you, you daft twat!"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What?"

"A party!" she exclaimed. "We didn't forget your birthday, you tosser, we were trying to surprise you! But you've ruined it because you're an idiot!"

"Hey!" he shouted in return. "I am not an idiot!"

"Do you really think your best friend - your brother - hates you?" she inquired, reminding him of his earlier comment. "You wouldn't be staying at our house if we hated you!"

"Oh," he replied as it settled in.

She rolled her eyes, "Drink some water. I'm supposed to have you in the Gryffindor common room within the hour. You better act bloody surprised, you wanker."

He narrowed his eyes, "Since when did you become such a bitch?"

"Watch it," she warned, "I can easily cancel your birthday party, asshat."

"I can easily cancel your birthday party, asshat," he muttered in a mocking tone and she shot him a look. He put his hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright," he huffed, "I'll meet you outside the portrait once I'm sobered up. I'll be surprised. Promise."