19 | semi-family reunion

"Peter and Remus will be joining us after Christmas," James informed his sister.

"Oh, how wonderful," she huffed when something caught her eyes. She glanced over at James and Sirius, "I'll be right back. I want to say bye to America and Daisy."

"We'll be with mum."

Angela nodded before she made her way through the crowd. She grabbed a hold of Regulus's wrist and pulled him into a hidden area.

"Who do you think-" the question died in his throat as he stared down at the girl. "Have you lost your mind?"

"Have you?" she countered. "You kiss me and you think I'm just going to leave it there?"

"If you were smart you would," he pointed out.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Kiss me."

"Why does one normally kiss another person?" he inquired. "Because I wanted to."

"Oh, don't be difficult," she requested. "I want a real answer."

"I already did."

"Just tell me the truth."

"My mother is probably looking for me and if she finds you here, she'll kill you."

"Reggie, please," she tried and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Just pretend it never happened."

"It's not that easy for me."

"If I Obliviate you, will it be easier?"

"You can't be serious."

"Well-" he shook his head. "I already told you. All of this is too dangerous."

"I can handle dangerous," she pointed out before she slipped her hand into his jacket pocket and dropped something inside. She stood up on her top toes, her lips just below his ear as she spoke, "Just think about it, okay?" She placed a quick kiss on his cheek before she turned to walk away.

As she rounded the corner, off of the train, she ran into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry," she apologized as she regained her balance. Her eyes widened when she saw who it was staring back at her with a scowl on her face.

"Of course, it's a Potter," Walburga sneered and Angela raised an eyebrow. "Just as much of a disgrace to wizards as your parents."

"I think if anyone is a disgrace to wizards, it would be you."

Before she had a chance to react, Walburga raised her hand on the girl. Angela braced herself for the impact but it never came.

When she opened her eyes and slowly raised her head, she found that someone stood in front of her. Her eyes widened as she realized it had been Regulus who had stepped between her and his mother. His hand was held upward, gripping his mother's wrist.

His breathing was erratic as he stared the woman down. He hadn't completely thought through his plan just yet, all he had known was that there was no way he was ever going to let his mother lay a hand on Angela.

"It's a public place, mother," Regulus reminded her, his voice oddly calm considering a mere second before, he had thought he was about to have a panic attack. "Does this really seem like a good idea?"

She had her eyes narrowed on him, their hands still in the air. He did not move to release her nor did she move to pull away from his grasp.

"Angela!" Sirius called out and she looked over to find him, alongside James and Euphemia running toward her.

"You stay away from my daughter," Euphemia ordered, stepping in front of Angela. "If I see you even lay a finger on-"

"I did not touch your daughter," Walburga said pointedly and she removed her hand from her son's grip. Her gaze flickered over to Regulus who visibly gulped, his eyes wide in fear, "There's no need to be upset."

Euphemia scoffed, "No need to be-"

"Mom," Angela interrupted, placing her hand on her mother's shoulder, "I'm fine, okay? Nothing happened."

Euphemia turned to look at her daughter, anger flaring in her eyes. Her expression faltered upon seeing the pleading expression on her daughter's face.

Angela looked over at Regulus who was very clearly avoiding her eye. She turned to her brother who had grabbed her hand in a protective manner. She glanced over at Sirius who was watching the whole interaction in confusion.

"Let's go," Euphemia told her kids and Angela shot one last furtive glance in Regulus's direction before following her mother.