21 | return from home

"Oi, catch, Prongs!" Sirius called out as he tossed the wand across the corridor of the train. James caught it and a smirk grew on his face.

"I think you're the one who's supposed to catch, mate," he informed the boy before tossing it back.

"I swear, if you two morons break my wand, I'll end you," Angela warned the two boys.

"How are you going to do that without magic?"

She narrowed her eyes, "I'll get creative."

He appeared as though he was going to respond but suddenly clamped his mouth shut. "I have to go," James announced suddenly, carelessly handing Angela her wand back. "I'll see you lot later."

"Wha - James!" she called out but he was long gone. She turned to look at Sirius who appeared confused but he merely shrugged.

"I'm gonna go find Moony," Sirius informed her. "Find us once you say hello to your friends and go through Prefect stuff. Or don't."

"You all suck," Angela announced to which Sirius stuck his tongue out in response.

Angela shook her head in disbelief before she navigated her way through the train. Before she could make it to the Perfect compartment, someone latched onto her arm and pulled her toward them. She yelped but they were quick to cover her mouth.

"Do you want to get caught?" Regulus inquired and Angela immediately relaxed. He pulled his wand out and sealed the door shut as well as putting up a Silencing Charm.

"There's a certain thrill to it, isn't there?" she mused as she turned to look at him.

"If you find imminent death thrilling, then sure."

"You're incredibly dramatic."

"Or I'm just realistic," he countered, "If anyone finds out-"

Angela grabbed his hand, cutting him off, "I know."

He let out a huff, adjusting his hand so that their hands were intertwined. He stared at their conjoined hands for a moment, "I have something for you."

She looked up in surprise, "What?"

He stuck his freehand into his pocket and handed her a small item, "Here."

She took it from him in confusion and flicked it open to see herself reflected inside, "A compact?"

"It's a two way mirror," he explained, "Say my name."

Angela raised an eyebrow but obeyed anyway, "Reggie."

Her voice echoed and Regulus stuck his hand in his pocket, pulling out an identical item. He flipped it open and when Angela looked down at her mirror, she could see Regulus instead of herself.

"I figured since we can't exactly talk during the day, at least we can talk at night when everyone's asleep," he informed her. "I mean, we have our lessons but that's only an hour every day and then there's Potions and Defense...You know what? This was a stupid idea. We can just-"

"Reggie," she interrupted, placing her hand over his trembling one. "It's perfect."

He sucked in a breath, "It is?"

She nodded, "And this way I can bug you until you're tired of me."

He laughed at this, "It probably won't take you long."

She grinned, leaning up on her tiptoes and placing a quick kiss on his lips. "We should go," she suggested, "We're going to be late for the Prefect meeting." He nodded in agreement, "You first."

"I'll see you soon?" he inquired and she nodded.

"A few minutes," she reminded him. "Try not to miss me too much." He rolled his eyes before quickly kissing her and leaving the compartment.

Angela waited a few minutes before she thought it was a good time to leave. When she moved to leave, someone had opened the door to enter. "Oh-" she began but her breath caught in her throat when she saw who it was staring down at her.

"Potter," Crouch sneered. "How fitting. I was in the mood for a snack."

"I have somewhere to be," she said pointedly. She moved to go past him but he gripped her upper arm with ease. Goyle and Crabbe stepped forward, forcing her back into the compartment. "I thought we've already been through this. I can beat you with ease."

He scowled at this, "You cheated. But even if you could beat me? You're no match against the three of us."

"Three on one," she mused. "Seems unfair to you. Maybe you should get Black and Malfoy in here to make it even."

"Your arrogance will be your downfall."

"Projecting onto others is never healthy."

"Oh, you-"

"What's going on here?" someone demanded and Angela relaxed when she realized it was Lily with James at her side.

"Ang?" James inquired before he pushed his way through. "Aren't you supposed to be at the Prefect meeting?"

"Yes, I am," she agreed. "I just ran into some issues," she stated as she eyed the Slytherin's. "I'll be on my way now."

Angela moved to leave but Crouch grabbed a hold of her arm and pulled her toward him, "We're not finished."

James placed his hand on the boy's chest and forced him back, "Oh, yes you are."

"You won't always be around to protect her, Potter," Crouch sneered and Angela couldn't help but be reminded of Regulus's comment not too long ago.

"Well, I am now, aren't I?" he raised an eyebrow. "So until that is no longer the case, I highly recommend you back off."

Crouch narrowed his eyes, "We'll see how much longer that lasts."