43 | game plans

"James, I think you're taking this all a little too seriously," Angela said pointedly as her brother followed her throughout the school. "I hardly think they're stupid enough to pull something in the middle of the day."

"I wouldn't put it past them," he countered. "Besides, I don't think you can take a death threat too seriously."

Angela rolled her eyes at this but she was grateful. She knew her brother loved her no matter what, and he would do anything for her. Even die for her. She just hoped it never got to that point.

"So, Sirius and I have a plan for the Slug Club meeting," he informed the girl. "You'll sit between us so we can watch everyone and that way you can still go to the club without getting poisoned or stabbed or something."

She raised an eyebrow at this, "And if that doesn't stop them?"

James frowned, "We hadn't thought that far in advance."

"I have a class to get to."

"Be careful," he suggested, "And don't give them any more reasons to attack then they already have."

She raised a finger to her forehead and raised them to the air, saluting the boy and he returned the salute with a middle finger in the air. She grinned at this before she turned and entered Potions.

Angela made her way to her table where Regulus already sat. He pulled his wand out and waved it under the table. "You guys got the word out quickly."

"We have our ways," she replied, not looking in his direction. "Am I going to be safe at the meeting tonight or should I be worried?"

"No, you'll be fine," he informed her. "But if you plan to go to Hogsmeade this weekend, I wouldn't go alone."

"Is staying behind an option?"

"And leaving yourself an open target with practically everyone in Hogsmeade? Sounds like a lovely way to get yourself to get yourself killed."

She rolled her eyes, "You could have just said 'no'."

He smiled slightly but quickly masked it as Professor Slughorn approached the front of the classroom. "Open to page forty six and get started on that Potion please. We'll be working on it for the rest of the week so plan accordingly."

The two went through the rest of class, talking as little as possible. While before, they knew they had to be careful, their discretion was far more important now. The theoretical had become real and now they had to make sure she was as safe as possible.

Sirius and James were already waiting for her outside the classroom for her when she got out, confusing her greatly. Their classes got out at the same time and it was across the castle.

They immediately swarmed her with questions even though she told them she was fine, all the way to the Great Hall. "Nothing happened in class," Angela informed them for the millionth time as she took a seat at the table. "And even if something had, it makes no difference. Dead is dead, provoked or unprovoked."

James narrowed his eyes at this. "We should talk about the game plan for Hogsmeade this weekend," he suggested as they all shoveled food onto their plates. "I'm certain that whether you stay or go, they're going to try something. It's safer to stay behind-"

"I want to go," she interrupted and James was about to argue. "I'm going James. I'm not about to stop living my life because a couple Death Eaters want me dead. It's just a matter of whether you come with me or not.

"Alright, fine," he huffed.

"And what about Slug Club tonight?" Sirius inquired, "I'm certain they will all be there."

"They aren't going to do anything obvious," she pointed out, "They may be incredibly ignorant but they aren't straight stupid."

"We can never be too safe."

She huffed, "Okay. You guys can sit on either side of me. Happy?"

James smiled sarcastically at the girl, "Ecstatic."