23 | pre-birthday special

The Gryffindor Quidditch team had indeed won the cup and James and Sirius had been running on a high. Not only had James brought the team to victory during his first year as captain but the Gryffindor were now on a six year winning streak.

"Potter, if you don't shut the hell up, I'm going to shove your Quidditch broom so far up your ass your going to regret ever even thinking about playing the stupid sport," America informed him with a sneer and he clamped his mouth shut, glaring at the sixth year.

"Who pissed in your cereal this morning?" Sirius inquired.

"Angela."

Angela's head shot up at this as everyone turned to look at her, "I think I would remember using the restroom in your cereal."

America narrowed her eyes, "You know exactly what the issue is."

She raised an eyebrow, "Actually, I don't think I do."

"Fine, next time you come into our room at three in the morning, I'll make sure to let you know I'm awake," America huffed and this successfully piqued Sirius's interest.

"Three in the morning, huh?" he mused and Angela felt the color drain from her face. "Who's the lucky guy-" he paused for a moment, "-or girl?"

"There's no one," she muttered. "I was just out late studying."

"Explains why you have so many shirts that you didn't have at the start of the year," America stated.

"Is that where all my clothes went?" James inquired and Angela mentally thanked him. He turned to his sister with a pointed look, "I thought I told you to stop taking my clothes."

She shrugged, "They're comfortable."

"You have your own clothes."

"It's not the same."

"Start buying clothes that are big for you."

"You could just buy new clothes."

"I have clothes," he pointed out. "I shouldn't have to buy new ones."

"Well this was anti-climatic," Sirius huffed. "Both of you, sort out your problems elsewhere. None of us care to hear about them."

"And how long should we make ourselves scarce for?" Angela asked as she stood up.

"Till five at the earliest," America replied and Sirius elbowed her. "Hmph...I mean, why would it matter?"

The two siblings made their way out of the common room, waving a quick goodbye. Angela turned to her brother, "Thank you."

"Think of it as the first part of your birthday present," he shrugged. "But I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with you sneaking out so late to meet up with him."

"It's the only time we can meet," she pointed out. "We can't exactly sneak around in broad daylight without the risk of getting caught."

"I manage just fine."

"Your consequence isn't death, James."

"Is reminding me that your relationship could lead to death really a good idea?" he asked.

She huffed, "You'll get over it eventually."

"Mom would suggest you read your book again."

"Mom would have a good point but she would also understand that this isn't Romeo and Juliet and neither of us are going to kill ourselves."

"Isn't that what you're doing, though?"

"I'll see you later," she waved off, "Happy Birthday, loser."