24 | intoxicated endings

"I'm an idiot," Angela huffed as she slouched down in the seat next to her brother.

James pouted, "Me too."

She raised the bottle of Firewhiskey she had stolen and clinked it against the one he held before taking a swig of her drink. He did the same as she asked, "What happened to you?"

"I said some things and she didn't like it."

"What kind of things?" Angela asked though she was certain that if he told her, she probably wouldn't remember. Her brain was already starting to go fuzzy.

"Nothing that wasn't true."

"Does the universe hate us?" Angela asked.

James nodded, leaning against his sister and resting his head on her shoulder, "I think so."

"Merlin, this has to be worse than how I was at my birthday," Sirius gaped at the siblings. He turned to Remus, "Right?"

He shrugged, "Once you sobered up, you weren't so bad."

Sirius narrowed his eyes, hoping the boy didn't notice the blush creeping up his neck. They were both now doubt thinking about what had happened the evening of Sirius's birthday. Or more accurately, that night. And the following morning.

"We have to fix this," Sirius huffed, "How do we fix this?"

"For one, figure out what the hell they're moping about."

"Is there a second option?"

Remus nodded, "Water."

"Let's do this."

After much persuasion - and an attempt by Lily that resulted in Angela nearly punching the redhead - Sirius and Remus managed to coax water into the siblings until they were at least coherent.

"All I'm saying is love is a lie," James announced as Sirius pushed him down onto the couch. Angela hummed in response as Remus placed her next to her brother. "It's a hoax. Not real. Made up so that people think they have a chance but really it's just because they want your money."

Sirius raised an eyebrow at this, "How on earth would they get your money?"

"Valentine's Day."

Angela nodded, "It's capitalism."

"Yeah!" James exclaimed in agreement but a moment later, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Huh?"

Remus looked between the two Potter's, "I think they need more water."

Sirius nodded, "Agreed."

Eventually, and not soon enough, they managed to get Angela and James back to a normal status. Sirius ordered that all alcohol be consumed or trashed before the siblings could get their hands on it.

"I'm fine," Angela insisted as she tried to leave but some third year wouldn't let her. "I just - There's someone I need to talk to."

"Black!" the student called out and Angela perked up. She frowned once she realized it was only Sirius, "I don't have the time for this."

Sirius linked his arm with Angela's and guided her back to the couch, "What the problem, Ang?"

"People suck," she informed him before clarifying, "Boy's suck."

"Don't I know it."

"Everyone should be in bed except for us," Remus announced as he plopped down on the ground in front of the chair Marlene sat in.

"I have a question," Marlene announced upon realizing everyone was going to just sit in awkward silence. "How does it happen that you both have the same birthday but he's a year older than you?"

Angela snorted, "Our parents' anniversary is in June."

"Oh," Marlene replied with furrowed eyebrows. "Oh!" she exclaimed after it seemed to register what exactly Angela meant. "Well, it's good to know that the magic doesn't fade with age."

"Do you think mom and dad love each other?" Angela asked her brother. "I mean, they've been together for a while. Isn't it possible that they don't anymore?"

"Course your parents love each other," Sirius pointed out. "They're your parents. They're Mia and Monte."

"Your parents don't love each other."

Sirius rolled his eyes at this, "My parents are cousins. I'd say it's different."

"Hmm," was all she said in response, "I'm going to bed."

"I'll come with you," America said as she stood up. She helped the girl to her feet, "Today was eventful."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, yeah," she waved off. "Let's just get you upstairs before you throw up or something."

Once they made it to their room, America sent Angela to her section, ordering that she change and get rest immediately. Upon stumbling into her area, she saw someone was already there. "Daisy?" she inquired and they looked up. It was Daisy. Her breath hitched in her throat, "Reggie."

"I think we need to talk, Angel," he informed her as he stood up, crossing the room to her. The Silencing Charm was already up.

She shook her head, "I don't think - I don't want to talk to you."

"I know, but we have to."

"Why?"

"Because I need to make sure you understand that this is where it ends."

She shook her head, "You're breaking up with me?"

He nodded and she stepped forward but stumbled, he caught her quickly and frowned, "Have you been drinking?"

"No - I mean, yes," she huffed. "But I know what you're saying."

"I didn't want it to end this way, Angel," he informed her, "I didn't want it to end at all."

She frowned, "Can I - Can I just have one thing?"

"Anything."

"I just want one more night," she requested and he faltered. "One night where we're just us." She placed her hands on the sides of his jacket and pushed it off of him before he even had the chance to react.

"You're drunk," Regulus reminded her as he swiftly grabbed her hands, preventing her from removing any other clothing. "You don't know what you're saying."

"I do, though, I do," she countered, squeezing his hands. "I know what I'm saying and I know what I want." She leaned into him and he held her up as she pressed herself against his chest, "I want you, Reggie. Even if it's just for tonight. I want you. I want all of you."

"Angel, I-"

"No, don't," she pleaded. "Come on. Just once and I'll leave you alone. Please." She tried to lift his shirt up but he easily stopped her, "Come on, Reg, I know you want me too. Please, Regulus, I lo-"

"No," he said and she froze. She slowly looked up at him and he watched her for a moment, a frown on his face. "I - I don't want you."

He watched as the once pleading look turned into heart break but was swiftly covered with a stone cold expression. "Fine," she said as she took a step away from him. He immediately felt cold without her there and a part of him wanted to pull her back but he knew this was what needed to be done. "Get out."

"Angel, I'm sorry," he apologized.

"Get out, Black," she suggested, "Before I wake America up."

"Alright, I'm going," he placated, an apologetic look making its way across his face. No matter how good of an actor she thought she was, he could see right through the act. This was all his fault and he knew it. So did she. He opened his mouth to say something but decided against it, instead he made a hasty exit toward the door.

As soon as Angela heard the door shut, she felt the walls she had put up break. When she caught sight of his jacket on the ground, any hope of keeping herself together was thrown out the window as she collapsed on the ground, a sob escaping her throat.