Chapter 7

The sound of steel clashing echoes throughout the land. On the roof of Homurahara Academy, Hibari was seen clashing against Archer. Just as Archer swung Kanshou and Bakuya at Hibari, the boy slid under the servant's legs in order to avoid the slash and got behind him.

When this happened, Hibari coated his tonfas in the same flames that he used against Rin in the forest. Soon the boy quickly swung his tonfas at Archer's back, only for the servant to quickly turn around and use his swords to block the attack.

"Hibari Kyoya.....I have no memory of boy like this in the war. Not to mention that he somehow acquired an eighth servant. Out of everyone here, he's the biggest danger here just by existing. Him and his servant are basically walking anomalies. Plus he can either be a strong ally or a ferocious enemy. Direct cooperation is out of the question with him, so the best method....is to strike an appealing bargain."

Just as Archer blocked Hibari's tonfas, he quickly projected a second pair of Kanshou and Bakuya in his hands after the first pair shattered from Hibari's attack. His eyes widen in shock from his need to do so. The flames coating Hibari's tonfas definitely increased his destructive power.

"I'm gonna enjoy biting you to death."

As Hibari said this, he lunged towards Archer. The moment he swung the tonfa in his left hand towards Archer's head, the servant stepped back at the last second to avoid the tonfa. Hibari smirked as hidden thorns emerge from his tonfa and surrounds it, giving it a rose-like form as the thorns scratched Archer's face.

"His tonfas have hidden weapons?!"

"I'll bite you to death."

"Go ahead, but in doing so, you'll lose your only chance on getting intel about the ones waging war on your territory."

Just as those words escaped from Archer's lips, Hibari stopped for a moment. He will admit, while he did make progress in learning who the other masters were, it was just by mere coincidence since most of them were affiliated with the school.

"I don't have all night, so speak."

"I'll be direct. I think I can be of use to you. I do not have a wish for the grail. I can tell that you have no need for it either."

"I refuse to group up with anyone. Just the thought irritates me. If that is your offer, then i'll bite you to death."

Archer could tell just by the look Hibari gave him that the boy was serious. Direct cooperation is impossible with someone like Hibari. Soon a smirk appeared on the servant's face as he looked at Hibari.

"I'm not asking for you to join me and my master. Rather, I want to make you an offer for a temporary truce. Not one between my Master and you, but between you and I. Should I learn that another Master is making a move on your territory, i'll be sure to inform you. I'll even indulge you in our little "sparring" sessions."

"What's the catch?"

"That's rather simple. Do not side with Shirou Emiya."

Silence. An ominous silence filled the air as Archer spoke his terms. Hibari suddenly lunged forward as he swung his tonfa at the servant. Seeing this, the servant used Kanshou to block the tonfa as he looked at Hibari in the eyes.

"Bold of you to assume i'd side with anyone. However, it'll take more than words to sway me."

"I see, well in that case....."

"Hibari! Hibari!!!!"

Just as Hibari and Archer jumped back, Hibird was seen landing on the fence on top of the roof. Seeing this, Hibari looked back at Archer. Soon the boy yawned as he walked over to Hibird.

"I refuse to group up with anyone, neither do I wish to be tied down by some debt. Besides, I don't care for your plans or terms. I have only two goals. Maintaining order and biting everyone who opposes it to death. While Shirou Emiya is an herbivore under my protection, should he act out of line, I won't be afraid to bite him to death as well."

As Hibari reached towards Hibird, he swiftly turned around and used the tonfa in his left hand to deflect Bakuya, which was thrown at him. After this happened, Hibird hopped onto Hibari's right shoulder.

"I don't need your permission to fight you, when i'll gladly attack you when I see fit. I don't need help from you, when I have my own eyes around the city. The moment you even THINK of trying to get me to group up or try to control me....i'll bite you to death."

Having said that, Hibari walked down the stairs that connected the rooftop to the school. While this happened, Archer was now staring at the night sky with a smirk on his face.

"Hibari Kyoya, you're like a force of nature. I can't cooperate with you nor can I directly have you act as an ally. However, maybe its better if I lead the masters of the war to the force of nature itself."

If he can't have Hibari cooperate as a Master, then next best thing is to use him as a weapon. Not only that, Archer needs to keep an eye on this anomaly. Keeping the unknown factor under his radar is of great importance.

"Just who are you, Hibari Kyoya?"

~Meanwhile~
Hibari is seen walking away from the school. While this happened, he had the feeling that he was being watched. Yet he felt no animosity from the gaze.

"Is it Avenger? Speaking of this topic, I wonder if that little carnivore is also involved."

Just as Hibari was walking down the street, he passed by a single person. It was a young man with golden hair and eyes as crimson as blood. Upon first glance, one would assume this man was a foreigner. But when Hibari's eyes landed on him, all he saw was a walking carnivore with no sign of fear.

"Who gave you permission to gaze upon my form, mongrel?"

"So another carnivore is in my territory. If that's the case, I can't wait to bite you to death."