Chapter 31

"I never thought the Disciplinary Jerk was capable of something like this."

Rin was in complete shock after what she just witnessed. Not only her, Saber, Shirou, and even Illya were surprised to see Hibari trap Archer and himself inside of that large sphere. Soon, Shirou looked towards Rin.

"Do you think Hibari-san stands a chance, Tohsaka?"

"On his own, I doubt it. However, with that Servant of his he might have a chan-"

"Stop stalling you two. Did you forget what happened earlier today when I lost Berserker. After that stunt he did against that golden man and fighting Kuzuki, even now after setting up that sphere, you think he isn't feeling a toll. If anything, Hibari-san is buying time."

As Illya said this, she looked towards Shirou and the rest of the group. While she was in thought, she began to think to herself. What would Hibari do if he was in their position? Soon a smile appeared on her face as she looked at Rin and Saber.

"I got an idea and you two will be the key players of it."

~With Hibari~
The sound of steel clashing echoes throughout the Reverse Needle Sphere. As Archer swung Kanshou and Bakuya at Hibari, the boy swiftly deflects the blades with his tonfa. While this small conflict happened, Hibari smirked as he saw Archer about to swing his swords at him again.

The moment Archer swung his blades, his eyes widen in shock as Hibari held his tonfa. Hooks suddenly pop out of the intersection where the tonfa and the handle meet. Soon Hibari hooks Archer's swords and pulled the Servant off balance. As this happened, Avenger suddenly lunged towards Archer and clawed at Archer's body as he was sent flying backwards.

"These two.....what a ferocious pair. They aren't working together at all. They're so out of sync that trying to find any habits and exposing them is almost impossible."

"So then, why are you so fixated on taking my handyman's life?"

Archer swiftly turned to the side and held Kanshou and Bakuya in front of him. Soon the married blades were clashing against a pair of flame engulfed tonfa. Soon Archer's eyes stared into Hibari's. Each of them could tell right away, both of them had something that they will never give up on until it has been fulfilled.

"That is none of your concern, Hibari Kyoya. Though i'm quite shocked. You seem to be reacting a bit slower than usual, is fatigue getting the better of you?"

"Bold of you to assume my fatigued state won't cause you trouble. After all, you wouldn't be in this situation if a little fatigue could stop me."

Suddenly Hibari dropped to the floor and performed a leg sweep upon Archer. While the servant was falling, Avenger swiftly dashed towards Archer and slammed its paw upon the bowman's body. A crater formed underneath Archer's body from the impact. Soon the bowman rolled to the left to avoid being impaled by the headless rider's cape.

Soon Archer jumped on his feet as he charged towards Hibari. Seeing this, Hibari smirked as he lunged towards Archer as well. As the two were about to attack, Avenger's eyes suddenly widen after he saw what was truly happening.

"I hate humans. They always fear the strong and would do anything to put them down. My mate Blanca suffered just because a human was too weak to take me head on. When that human finally lured me in, he wasn't even strong enough to end me and reunite me with my mate."

It felt as if the world was moving in slow motion. As the wolf was running towards Hibari, it saw several swords appearing behind the boy's back while the boy was charging towards Archer. Faster, the wolf was running faster when he noticed this.

"I loathe humans, yet why is my heart beating faster? Why is my body moving on its own seeing this human about to be killed? If he dies and I have no Master, i'll disappear. I want to rationalize my actions with this but....I think I know the truth. The reason i'm doing this........."

As Hibari's tonfa clash with Archer's married swords, dust filled the air behind Hibari as he heard something crash. As Archer and Hibari jumped back, Hibari looked in the direction where he heard that crash. He saw blood on the ground as a growl escaped from the victim. Swords pierced its flesh, but that meant nothing in this moment. Soon the wolf unleashed a howl as it glared at Archer.

".......is because we're a pack."

"It took the attack for Hibari?! They were fighting as separate units, yet it did that at the last second

"It took the attack for Hibari?! They were fighting as separate units, yet it did that at the last second."

"Ookami-san....heh. You know I hate being in someone's debt. We'll settle this matter later. Truth is, even i'm starting to have trouble. However, the Little Carnivore probably saw this coming. In that case, i'll have to bite you to death another time, bowman."

As Hibari said this, the Reverse Needle Sphere began to fall apart. When he looked at Archer, he saw the bowman breathing heavily. A smirk appeared on Hibari's face as Avenger and himself began to walk off. Soon the sphere fully collapsed as they were now back inside of the church. When Hibari made it to Illya, he spoke to her as he saw Saber lunging towards Archer.

"So the sword carnivore is back to her normal self?"

"Yes, while you were in that sphere, we had Rin forge a contract with Saber."

As Hibari turned in the direction of Archer and Saber, he couldn't help but watch with awe. The way their blades clashed, the power behind each strike. If he wasn't so exhausted, he'd jump in and try to bite both of them to death. Saber slammed her invisible sword on top of Archer's blades as a large crater formed underneath his feet. Afterwards, she kicked the bowman into a wall and held her blade tightly.

"It is over, Archer. You have no totem to anchor you to this world. You have nothing to supply you with mana, so what can you do?"

"The Archer class is granted the ability of independent action. I could last two days or so without a Master. That's more than enough time to put that boy down."

"That confirms it, bowman."

As Archer looked in the direction of that voice, he saw Hibari looking at him as Avenger stood in front of Illya. The way Hibari looked at him, it made Archer guess that the boy finally caught on to what Archer's goal was.

"You and I clashed before, yet while you did fight back with a bit of bloodlust.....you never outright tried to kill me. Otherwise this chat would never happen. But when it comes to my free handyman, you seem a lot more raring to go. You and I are more alike than I thought. You don't seek this so-called grail. You just needed an excuse to bite that herbivore to death. So why don't you show us your true colors?"

"Heh. You're an interesting anomaly, Hibari Kyoya. Both you and your servant are anomalies that I can't figure out. I am an Archer, I was never meant to fight with swords. Though my bow is even more borrowed forgery. Fine then, i'll show you my true nature."

As Archer said that, he began to stand up as he looked at the group. The moment his eyes fell upon Shirou, he clenched his fists in anger. The moment he looked at Hibari, all he had were questions in his head and no answers. However, that was something for another time. For now, he has only one thing to do.

"I am the bone of my sword"