Chapter 40

Avenger and Hibari jumped onto the ground as they land next to Shirou. The moment this happened, dust filled the air from the impact of Avenger's landing. As this happened, Hibari held up his right hand as he said one thing.

"By my Command Seal, Hessian Lobo, don't hold anything back!!!!!!"

"!!!!"

As Hibari's second Command Seal disappeared from his right hand, Avenger let out a monstrous howl that echoed through the area. Suddenly Avenger was no longer in Gilgamesh's sight. Suddenly, the King of Heroes felt his back being slashed as Lobo used the hook in his jaw to slash the King of Heroes.

"You mongrel!!!!"

As Gilgamesh opened more of his gates, he launched several Noble Phantasms at Hessian Lobo. Seeing this, Hibari quickly had Roll emerge from his Cloud Bracelet. Just as this happened, he had Roll create several enormous Needle Spheres in front of his Servant. The moment the Noble Phantasms were repelled, Shirou projected copies of them and launched them towards Gilgamesh.

"Learn your place, Faker. You have no right to be in the Battle of Kings."

"You're a fool for keeping your attention off me."

As Gilgamesh launched more Noble Phantasms to counter Shirou's projections, Hibari lunged forward with his tonfa engulfed in Cloud Flames as he struck both sides of Gilgamesh's face with them. As Gilgamesh flew into the air, Lobo jumped into the air as Hessian slams down the sharpen edge of his cape upon Gilgamesh, causing the King of Heroes to crash into the ground.

Shirou couldn't help but look in awe of Hibari and Avenger's teamwork. The moment Avenger landed next to Hibari, the boy glanced at Shirou. After turning his gaze back to Gilgamesh, Hiabri said one thing.

"Think you can keep up?"

"Heh. The question is can you keep up with me, Hibari-san!!!!!"

~With Rin~
As Rin finally reached the top of the giant mass of curses, she saw Illya being pinned to the Grail. While Rin was trying to release Illya, she heard the sound of explosions from the direction Shirou and Gilgamesh went.

"It looks like Shirou has his hands full. I need to do my part as well. Come on Illya, let's go."

As Rin managed to pull Illya's body away, she looked down to see how far down she'd have to jump

As Rin managed to pull Illya's body away, she looked down to see how far down she'd have to jump. Luckily the grail manifested in a lake, however, considering how much trouble it was just to walk through it, she could only imagine what swimming through it would be like. When she looked towards Illya, she saw the grail manifesting a few arms in an effort to retrieve her.

"This shell doesn't want to let you go? I shouldn't be surprised that yanking this thing's heart out made it angry. Down we go, Illya!!!"

 Down we go, Illya!!!"