Chapter 26

Hibari and the man before him stared at each other intensely. As this happened, the man opened his gates once more. Suddenly a spear was fired from the gate and was heading towards Illya. The moment this happened, Avenger jumped in front of her as it swung the hook in its jaw to deflect the Noble Phantasm.

"It's fast. It might even be faster than Berserker......."

"Why are you surprised, Golden Carnivore?"

As the man was distracted, Hibari appeared before him. The man quickly drew a sword from one of his gates as he used it to protect himself from the onslaught of strikes Hibari was aiming at him with his tonfa in hand. The man noticed something as this happened, he was being pushed back with each strike.

"How is this possible? That boy........he must be using a rare Mystic Code in order to have enough strength to push me back."

"Hmm, that's strange. You overwhelmed that behemoth earlier, and yet........"

As Hibari said this, he saw a gate opening behind him. Seeing this, he swiftly jumped to the side in order to avoid a sword being shot into his previous location. While this happened, the man smiled as he opened more of his gates as he launched even more Noble Phantasms at the boy.

"Wow. Looks like the fun is just about to start."

As Hibari said this, he held a medium sized Needle Sphere in his hand. When he jumped in the air, he uses the Cloud Flames characteristic of Propagation to increase the sphere's size and made the spikes on them extend as they clashed with the weapons that the man launched at him.

 When he jumped in the air, he uses the Cloud Flames characteristic of Propagation to increase the sphere's size and made the spikes on them extend as they clashed with the weapons that the man launched at him

"I have a debt to pay, so i'll let him deal with you for a moment."

As Hibari said this, he was walking towards Illya. While this happened, Avenger quickly lunged towards the blonde-haired man as it swung its claws at him. As the man jumped back to avoid the claws, the headless rider's cape had a sharp edge comparable to a blade as it slammed down the cape upon the man. As this happened, Hibari made it to Illya's side.

"Hibari nii-chan.....Berserker i-"

"I can't have you dying on me, otherwise my debt will never be repaid. Besides, you said so yourself. This is part of my territory, correct? It only makes sense I punish the person responsible for attacking my territory."

As Hibari said this, he lifts Illya off the ground comparable to how a prince picks up the princess. While Hibari walked up the stairs, he felt Illya holding onto him tightly. When he looked to the side, he was sure he felt someone's presence, but that was no longer the issue.

"Illyasviel von Einzbern, you get out of this building as fast as you can."

"Hibari.....what about yo-"

"Do you want me to bite the Golden Carnivore to death?"

Illya was starting to understand what Hibari was trying to say. He can't protect her and fight against the enemy at the same time. As Hibari lets her down, Illya looked towards the boy and then he whispered into her ear. After she saw him nod his head, Illya ran off as Hibari jumped back down to the main floor to fight against the blonde man.