Chapter 42

~With Saber~
Saber was now standing before the lake in which the Holy Grail has manifested. In all honesty, just the sight of the corrupted Grail disgusted her to her core. As she shook her head, she began to call out to Rin.

"Rin! Where are you?"

"Saber....."

When Saber looked upon closer inspection, she saw Rin holding onto Illya as they were still stuck in the muck of curses. Just as she was about to make her way to Rin, Saber suddenly stopped when Rin called out to her.

"Saber don't!!!"

"But Rin-"

"This muck is similar to a Servant. Who knows what kind of effects it will have on you if it touches you."

"...I understand. The hurry to this side, Rin. If you can get clear from there, I can take care of the rest."

"Okay..it's your call. But if i'm not out in time, do what you must."

"I can't Rin! If that is the alternative, I shall rescue you right now."

Just before Saber could step in to retrieve Rin, she was suddenly pushed back from the muck. It was a Command Seal's doing. Rin couldn't afford to let the one person who can destroy the Grail throw away her life.

"Don't worry about me, Saber. I can get out of this, no problem! So don't worry about that and have your holy sword ready."

Just as Rin said this, both her and Saber shared a look of horror as the muck of curses expanded and began to pour out even more. Soon it began to form limbs as it was slowly starting to arise. As this happened, Saber held her blade tightly as she was worried for Rin and Illya since they were swallowed up by the mass.

"I'll play my role to the best of my abilities. So while I do that, I expect you three to do the same. Shirou, Rin, even you, Hibari Kyoya!!!"

~Meanwhile~
Suddenly Gilgamesh launched several Noble Phantasms at all three of his foes. Hessian Lobo dashed around the Reality Marble with great speed in order to avoid Gilgamesh's strikes. Meanwhile, Shirou quickly drew two blades from the ground.

As he used them to deflect a couple of Noble Phantasms in front of him, Shirou smirked as a Hibari jumped over him. Hibari soon let two chains escape from the bottom of his tonfas and spun his body as he used the chains to deflect the remaining weapons that were launched at him.

Afterwards, Hibari quickly created several Needle Spheres small enough to fit in his hands. Soon Hibari struck the Needle Spheres with his tonfa as he launched them towards Gilgamesh. Just as they got close, the Needle Spheres suddenly grew in size. Gilgamesh quickly used the Chains of Heaven to hold the spheres in place. However, the moment this happened, Gilgamesh quickly drew a sword from one of his gates as he used it to stop Lobo from slashing him with a hook but was sent flying backwards due to the impact.

"As expected, Hibari Kyoya and his Servant are a force of nature. But how are the mongrel's blades giving me so much trouble?"

"Don't you get it, herbivore?"

"Among Heroic Spirits, you're probably ranked the highest because of your thousand Noble Phantasms. However, you're a king, not a warrior. You didn't choose the path of taking a single Noble Phantasm to its ultimate limit. You're a one trick pony, just like me!"

 You're a one trick pony, just like me!"