Chapter 33: The Beginnings of War.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

p.s: i'm sorry. In regards to how long i was away and all that jazz, that is. In fact, compared to the ~4,400 words this chapter has, there is around 10,000 in rough draft form. This chapter was for some reason really difficult to make. I'm most likely going to use what i had from the other rough drafts, tweak 'em a bit, and publish them since they more or less would make more sense only if I made this chapter.

p.p.s: i'm also not sorry, i'm just lazy. Its human nature.

p.p.p.s: That's funny right there.

---------------------------------------------------------

Soon after the disappearance of the Hero was confirmed...

"You fool!"

Within the royal chambers of the Tesla Empire, the current Emperor, Joule Archwatt Tesla VII yelled in a fit of rage at a man who was currently on his knees. Said man was his son, bearing the same name but with a bigger number. The reason he was currently in a position like he was about to be beheaded was because of his massive contribution of prematurely dispatching their summoned hero and the unexplained suicide of the long time S-Class adventurer and friend, Scarlet Bloodsword.

"I have no excuses, your majesty." The Prince could give no excuses. If he had, his father would have his tongue sliced off and shoved it down his throat in the next moment. The Prince thought of it as odd. Under normal circumstances, his mind, despite his reputation, was quite calculating and such a mistake would have been impossible.

"Tell me what you have done wrong, Prince Joule." The Emperor bellowed.

The Prince thought quickly about his words, deciphering the hidden meanings behind them and formulated his next words carefully while also saying what his father wanted to hear. "I have wasted and astronomical number of national resources," He began, "in an unofficial and unpermitted subjugation attempt of Ancient Class dragons. Said party was under equipped and unqualified to participate, and the only qualified person, Scarlet Bloodsword, passed away before the party even made it to their destination. Because of this, there are loose ends within the Adventurers and now rumors of dragons living in the empire are currently spreading, sparking public anxiety."

"Indeed." The Emperor nodded with a frown, the prince may have given the effects of his actions, but not the cause. The Emperor could not figure out why he spearheaded the party so early when it was unprepared, "So, why did you do it?"

That was what the Prince wanted to know himself. He, for the life of him, could not figure out why he did what he did. It was impractical and wasteful. There should have been no reason to send people who would die a dog's death such as A-Class adventurers and his royal guards to subjugate targets of SS-Class proportions. Not only that, but the Hero used that chance to escape the clutches of the Royal family, tagging along with the Demi-human that he had fallen for.

Nonetheless, he had to give an answer to his father. "It is queer, your majesty." The Prince began his lie, "I felt a compulsion of sorts. It was as if something was whispering in my mind that I had to make a move as soon as I could, even if my preparations were inadequate."

Quickly glancing at his father's face to see if he was even entertaining the idea of listening to his lie, he noticed his father's eyes looking at him with eyes that were slightly interested, as if he was recalling something.

"Continue." The Emperor spoke.

"Yes..." The Prince wracked his brain on what to say, as he didn't think he'd make it this far. He thought of previous conversations with his father, recent events, etc., and moved his mouth, "I had also... found someone that has deeply moved my heart."