Chapter 2: I Have Surpassed Expectations!

-------------------------------------------------

Hello again, here is the next chapter, thanks for reading!

-------------------------------------------------

Between these three options, I would have to go for option 3. I feel like I will have the best shot if I go in this direction. But what if I go option 1... Or option 2? Shoot, it's so hard to choose! This decision that I make here will decide my new life... But wait... wait...

I have parents, don't I? I also have a long lifespan. AND I am a type of dragon that is basically illegal to hunt. So that means...

That I have plenty of time to do what I want!

With the protection of my parents, given that they are not brutally murdered, I can freely train not having to worry about dangers. With my long lifespan, I could focus on my physical self-till I'm able to survive against most threats then focus on my healing skill... Hopefully.

But wait, it's not a given that my circumstances are like that. So, what will my plan be if my parents are killed in order to get to me? What if I get captured and are controlled by those who wish for my power? I will probably be forced to train my skills in healing and not focus on physical strength or face punishment.

If my parents are killed by other dragons or whatever that can kill them and I have to survive on my own, It would be best if I train my physical self in order to hunt prey at my size so that I can continue to survive. It would be more difficult, but maybe manageable.

...

It seems like I will have to bet on my situation. I have to bet on my circumstances of my birth to decide where I go from here.

I heard some voices, plural, earlier some time ago. I have to guess those are my parents, hopefully and not some human watching over my egg and waiting for me to hatch.

If they are my parents, and something lethal happens to them while I am incubating, it would be best to focus of skill so that they can heal while protecting me...

Shit...Shit...

Damn...!

Fuck it! I'm picking option 1 till I'm born! I am already as strong as a normal hatchling physically, so why not!?

But that feeling of pleasure when I get stronger.... No, I must prepare for the worst.

I felt the mana inside me and tried to get the feeling of it leaving my body, I wasn't sure if it was working or not until one of those voices I heard earlier started to get riled up.

"Honey look! One of our babies is already using their element!"

She was so loud I could understand every word she said.

The egg I was in started to feel like it was rumbling at the shockwaves thrown at it, as if something heavy was walking over to me.

"Indeed." Another voice said, this one very deep and masculine.

Wait, they said "baby". So that means that they are my parents, right? Obviously.

So, should I rethink my choice? I only just started, it's not too late...

Option 2 is looking mighty appealing right now...

Hnng... Should I do it? I can feel myself mentally tapping my foot up and down in deep consideration.

"But isn't that really bad for the child if they are doing that in the egg? Don't children that do that usually die when they are incubating?" My mother asked a question worryingly towards what I'm guessing to be my father.