1

"Alright Thompson, you're out of here," the guard said. I nodded as I stood up and followed him out. We stopped so I could put my street clothes back on.

"Can someone call me a cab?" I asked.

"Don't you want to call a family member or something?" He asked. I shook my head no.

"No family left," I said.

"I'll call a cab. You headed home?"

I nodded. "Tenth Street in Washington."

He nodded and grabbed a phone and called a cab company.

Within ten minutes I was free. I stared up at the sky and smiled brightly. I loved the feeling of the sun on my face. I'd had yard time but it wasn't the same as the sun in freedom.

"Where to ma'am?" The driver asked.

"Tenth Street in Washington," I said. He nodded and turned the radio up a little for me as I watched the buildings pass by. The drive home was long from County. I didn't care. The silence gave me time to think.

The stupid fight got me arrested and I had to wait out my court date in County. Unfortunately that meant two months in county before the bitch dropped the charges. I don't know what changed her mind, nor do I care. I was just ready to be out of here. My motorcycle could easily make it clear to either coast if I wanted. My lips pulled up into a smile at the thought of getting out of here and heading as far away as possible.

When the driver pulled onto the street, I relaxed instantly. I gave him what little cash had been in my purse and he refused to take it.

"Guard paid it all," he said.

"Thanks again," I spoke softly as I got out and headed up to the door. Luckily my house keys were still in my pocket.

I walked in and sighed audibly. Everything was in the same pristine condition I'd left it in. Although the two months did leave a layer of dust over everything.

I threw my hair up into a ponytail and started to work on cleaning. It didn't take long, only a couple of hours until everything was perfect once again.

I headed into my garage and smiled at the bike that was in need of a good cleaning. I started working on a general tuneup to make sure she was still running properly.

When I was satisfied, I turned it on and smiled at the rumble as I backed it out of the garage and went for a joyride.

The wind on my face hadn't felt this good in all my years of riding. For as much as I looked the part, I was no criminal. I wasn't the type to go around picking fights for fun or to do drugs or anything. I was just a mechanically inclined girl with a need for speed until that night.

No, don't think about it. Don't think about her. I mentally scolded myself as I turned back down my street. I pulled into the garage and headed up to my office, determined to find somewhere to move to.

I wasn't sure how long I'd been at my desk when I found a cute little town in California. Charming seemed like a nice enough place and they had a small mom and pop garage so hopefully I could find work. I stretched my muscles and noticed the sky had gone black on me. Luckily I'd found a few apartments that I needed to make calls about in the morning. I cracked my neck and back before I stood up and headed to the kitchen.

I grabbed a glass and went to fill it with water when it clicked that all my utilities should have been shut off but sure enough they were all still running. I ran to check my bank account. I knew that I'd had a good bit saved up but all my bills were set up for automatic payments. By my calculations, I wouldn't have enough for a security deposit.

I opened the bank website quickly and relaxed when I noticed the numbers in the account.

That means she continued to pay the bills for this place. I need to get out. Now!