31

About three hours later, I was smiling at the tattoo in the mirror.

Happy was standing behind me with his hands on my hips as I leaned into his chest.

"I love you Happy Lowman," I said.

"I love you too little girl," he said lowly. "Let me get that wrapped up."

He kissed my temple and I smiled even more.

"Thank you Hap," I said.

"I want to get something for you," he said. "I don't like names, feels like bad luck."

"You what? You wanna get a tattoo for me?"

He only nodded.

"Don't have much open skin left my love," I said.

He chuckled a little as he finished up laying the Saniderm on my arm.

"I've got plenty of open space," he said. He paused and pulled me a little closer to him. "Wanna fill in this hole," he said, motioning to a gap between two tattoos on his left forearm.

"Maybe some roses or something," I said.

"You didn't strike me as a roses kind of girl," he said. "Was gonna get something Harley related."

"That's not very representative of me specifically," I said. He chuckled and kissed me.

"Think on it," he said. I leaned into his chest and nodded. He hugged me tightly.

"There's one more thing," he said. I pulled away to look up at him. "Ma gave me this yesterday. Told me that I needed to marry you."

He held out an old engagement ring with a few small diamonds in it.

"It's beautiful Hap," I said.

"It's the one my old man gave my Ma," he said. "I want you to be the one who wears it."

"You trying to ask me something?"

He glared at me because he knew I knew the answer. I waited with my arms crossed. He wasn't getting away with not asking properly. I didn't care about the whole one knee super romantic thing, but he was going to ask.

"Don't do this to me," he said.

"Babe it's not even that many words," I paused to count them. "Four. It's four words."

"You're relentless," he said.

"You love me because of it," I said.

"Marry me," he said.

I glared at him.

"You're the one for me Nick. I want you to be my wife and the mother of my kids," he said. I smiled a little but quickly hid it. He was going to ask.

"You're starting to get on my nerves little girl," he said. I giggled slightly.

"Just ask my love," I said. "Four words. You already know my answer."

"Will," he paused to kiss my lips, "you," he kissed me again. "Marry me?"

"Nothing would make me happier," I said. He rolled his eyes and led me to the bed in his dorm.

Several hours later, we were still laying in bed, just enjoying each other's presence.

"I love you Hap," I said, smiling at the ring on my left hand.

"Love you too babe," he said. I kissed his hand that was interlaced with mine as someone knocked on the door.

"Hap, party's starting," Ratboy yelled.

"Oh he got the real short straw," I said with a laugh.

"Get dressed. Don't need anyone else seeing that body," he said, his eyes raking down my body as I sat up.

"Let's go. We've got an announcement," I said, standing up and pulling my clothes back on. I fluffed my hair but couldn't tame it down. I threw it up into a high ponytail as Happy chuckled at me.

"Fuck you," I said. My hair being up revealed all of the hickeys my old man had left on my neck in the last couple days.

"Leave it. Let the boys know you're spoken for," he said.

"Cause the ring and tat aren't enough?" I laughed. He chuckled and kissed me before taking my hand to lead me down to the party.