57

A few days later, Hap and I got to take Evangeline home. She was doing great and Happy and I were adjusting to being parents. Kozik had stuck around too, using our guest room instead of crashing at the clubhouse.

"And we're home," Happy said. I was sitting in the backseat with Evangeline as he drove us home. "I'll get our girl and send a prospect for the bags."

I agreed and got out of the car. He took my hand in his as the other held the carrier. He led me inside and when we got into the living room, everyone was there. Gemma had coordinated an entire coming home party for us.

"Welcome home baby," Happy said, kissing my temple before setting Evangeline down and taking her from the carrier.

I moved slowly to the couch before Happy laid her in my arms. Everyone came over and started talking to me. I didn't have my daughter in my arms for long before Chibs took her and cooed to her.

The guys filtered through and talked to me. Happy was standing nearby with a beer in one hand and his eyes never leaving Evangeline.

"So, I'm gonna let Koz patch," Tig said. He was sitting beside me, his arm around my shoulders.

"That's great," I said softly.

"Yeah, yeah, said you named him godfather and he wanted to be here for the Princess," Tig said. I nodded and smiled at where Kozik was being extra vigilant as he held my daughter.

"Thank you," I said leaning into Tig's side a bit.

"Anything for you doll," he said.

He moved so Bobby could sit down and talk to me. He told me about how beautiful our daughter was and said he'd drop off some food in the next couple days.

When he stood up and walked away, Nero stopped in front of me.

"You need anything Mama?" He asked. I smiled at him a little.

"Some water would be great," I said. He nodded and went to get me a drink before returning.

"You've got a gorgeous family Nick," Nero said. I thanked him as he took a seat next to me. He talked to me for a bit before Evangeline was being returned as Juice complained about her needing a diaper change.

"I've got her baby," Hap said, swooping in to take her.

I smiled at him in thanks.

"You've got a good one there," Nero said, nodding in the direction of where Happy had just walked off with our daughter.

"I do," I said. Nero kissed my temple before he stood up and went to Gemma. I stood up too, slipping out of the room and down the hall towards where my husband and daughter were.

When I walked into the nursery, Happy was talking to Evangeline quietly as he changed her diaper. He heard me entered the room and glanced at me to see who it was. He smiled when he saw me.

"Needed a break from everyone telling me how adorable she is," I said as I approached.

"I can kick them out if you want to rest," he said. I shook my head no and he agreed as he redressed her.

"Has everyone had a turn?" I asked. "Cause I'd like to see my daughter."

He nodded and picked her up. She was sleeping already.

"Here," he said, handing her to me. I laid her in my arms and leaned over to kiss my husband.

"We have a party babe," he said after a second. I smiled and nodded before agreeing to return.

The party lasted a few more hours as Happy and I took turns tending to Evangeline. It got to the point where we were both just sitting on the couch with Evangeline laying in Happy's lap.

When we finally cleared the house of their brothers, Happy and Kozik turned on the TV so we could watch a movie and relax as a family.