41

When I finished with Kozik's bandages, we headed out to get breakfast. Hap was standing at the end of the bar glaring at the guy on guard duty and sipping coffee. I walked up to him and wrapped my hand around his bicep.

"Calm down Killa," I said softly. His glare turned to me but quickly returned to the man who'd given me hell this morning.

"What gives?" I asked softly.

"Called you a cunt," he said.

"He was giving me hell about our relationship earlier too," I said. Happy just nodded and took a sip of his coffee as I leaned into the wooden bar.

"Lily was telling me about it," he said. I nodded a little.

"She's a good girl," I said softly. She was sitting at a table with Bobby, Chibs, and a couple croweaters.

"You eat yet?" I asked.

"Not hungry. You should though," he said.

"No," I said plainly. "You're gonna come eat. What if you get pulled away before lunch and you're gone til midnight."

I didn't give him an option as I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the kitchen. I made him a plate with some pancakes and bacon before making a second plate for myself .

"Here," I said, handing it to him. "Go grab us a table so I can get coffee."

He glared a little like he wanted to fight with me and I ignored him as I started getting myself coffee.

I walked out and joined my old man for a silent meal as he glared at everyone.

Before long we were all dressed and ready for the day and the guys were gathering for church.

"Nick," Jax said, walking up with his son in tow.

"Hey," I said softly as I took the boy from his arms. Abel's smile grew as I started making faces at him. I turned to say something to Happy and he was already staring at me.

"Love you," I said, standing on my toes to kiss him.

"Love you too little girl," he said. He glanced down at Abel and back at me before kissing me once more and moving past me to the chapel.

"You two are good together," the guy from this morning said as he walked past me.

"Fuck off," I said. I walked away quickly, going to sit with Gemma and Lyla.

"Hey baby," Gemma said.

"Hey," I said softly.

"How's he holding up?"

"Hap?"

She nodded and sipped her coffee slowly.

"Been better. I think he just wants whoever wants to hurt us very dead. Then we can focus on the wedding. Every time he sees me with Abel he very clearly wants him to be our kid," I said.

Lyla nodded in understanding. "Opie's the same way. Wants us safe so he and I can start trying."

"Why not? You two would make some cute giants," I said. She laughed slightly.

"Saffron sisters," she said, with a sort of shrug.

"Aren't you behind the camera?" Gemma asked.

"Yeah for everything except that because of the pull," she said. "I like directing better anyways."

We continued to talk for an hour as the guys were in church. The croweaters were getting ready to start on lunch when the guys were finally done.

"I've got good news," Happy said.

"Oh?" I responded, smiling slightly as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You can spend the afternoon in the garage and since it's pick ups only, you can get some work done on the Panhead," he said.

The last couple of months have been crazy but I am getting pretty close to having it finished up.

"That is good news. You gonna come do bitch work for me?"

"No but I'll supervise make sure you don't self-sabotage," he said.

I scoffed at him but still cracked a smile. "I have too much time and money in that bike to not be meticulous and make sure it runs perfectly."

"I still think you could use my expert eyes," he said.

"The same ones that need glasses to do a tattoo?"

"Watch it," he said, clearly telling me I was toeing a line he thought I shouldn't.

"I'd rather not," I said. He rolled his eyes and leaned down to kiss me. Everyone in the clubhouse was staring at him in shock. The Tacoma Killer finally had a soft spot.