26

There was a few moments where I wasn't sure if I was alive or dead. Gunshots rang out around me and I could feel the pressure of a body on top of me, but I wasn't really sure what was going on.

When the street quieted, it was deafening. Kozik pushed himself off of me and offered me his hand.

"Thank you," I said as I brushed off my dress.

"Nick," Happy said, completely out of breath as he jogged over. I could faintly hear Jax yelling in the background and then someone yelling for him to stop.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know," Happy said. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks to Koz."

"Kozik, man, thank you," Happy said.

"Just protecting my new best friend," Kozik said with a wink. "If anyone can help me annoy you brother, it'll be her."

"Seriously Kozik," I said. "Thank you for keeping me safe."

I pulled away from Happy to hug Kozik. He returned the hug.

When we separated I slid back into Happy's arms and refused to let him go.

About half an hour later Unser told us all we were free to leave. Happy and I got on his bike together and went back to the clubhouse. He didn't want to stay long and I didn't blame him, but neither of us felt like cooking.

We got some food and made small talk with a few of the guys as we ate. The guys wanted to know all the gory details of our love life and I had to break it to them that there wasn't much of anything. Tig didn't want to believe it but I just shrugged and smiled at Happy. He shook his head and smirked a little. He definitely had something up his sleeve.

After about an hour, Happy and I were leaving.

"Let me go say bye to Gemma," I said and he nodded. I headed off to find the matriarch and sure enough she was in the kitchen still.

"Hey Gemma," I said softly. "Happy and I are heading out."

"You doing alright baby?" She asked. I nodded and she smiled at me.

"Jax told me about Happy making you his old lady sorta by accident," she said.

I giggled a little and nodded. "Yeah, he did. But we kinda talked about it and I love him Gem. I'm ready for it."

"Total honesty or total ignorance?"

"Honesty, all the way," I said. She nodded in understanding.

"It's the only way for you to be able to help him the way a good old lady should. He needs to vent more than most people. Hope you enjoy a good rough fucking on an adrenaline high," she said.

I rolled my eyes at her bluntness but couldn't help the smile on my lips. "I'm sure I can handle it. He told you that I need tomorrow off right?"

"Of course baby. Take a few days for yourself and I'll see you on Thursday."

"You sure?"

She glared at me before nodding. "Yes I'm sure. Now go on, get outta here."

I hugged her quickly before heading back to my apartment with Happy.

We watched some old cartoon reruns and drank beer for a while before deciding to call it a night.

"Nick," Happy said as we laid in my bed that night. It was nearing midnight and I was exhausted but I still managed to hum in response.

"If you're gonna be my old lady, I'll take care of ya. Buy a house for us and you won't need to work anymore."

"I like my job Hap," I said. "We can talk about it more if we get married or have kids or something."

"Kids?"

"Mhmm," I said. "Someday."