39

It was four hours before they returned home. I was sitting next to Quinn with Gemma on the other side of me when the lot was brought back to life with all ten bikes pulling back in. That was a relief. No one had been hurt too bad to ride home.

"Stay inside," Quinn ordered as several of the Old Ladies started to move towards the door.

"Not you two."

Gemma and I rushed outside to meet the guys and assess damage.

"Who's the worst?"

"Probably Koz," Jax said. "And me."

I nodded a little and looked down the line.

"Juice, Ope," I said. "Lyla and Corri as inside the bar with first aid kits. Kids are in bed so they don't get freaked." Those two headed inside and I continued to assess damage.

"Koz, Jax, Hap, I'll look at you in that order. Gem, take the others and I'll help ya when I'm done with these three."

She agreed and I went to Kozik to walk in with him. He had blood running down his face from a nasty cut on his forehead. It think that was the major damage.
He'd tied a bandana around his head to try and keep the blood out of his eyes but it didn't do much for him.

"Sit," I said, pointing to a bar stool. He sat down and I immediately started cleaning him up.

"What is there beyond the cut?" I asked. Jax was sitting next to Koz and Happy was standing near us, watching over me I'm sure.

"Just some bruising. My hands hurt like hell," he said.

"What kind of hurt?"

"Just sore. No damage," he said. I nodded and I finally got the blood around his cut to clean up.

"What was this?" I asked, looking at the jagged cut across his face.

"I think a razor blade," he said. "Was kinda busy trying to keep from being stabbed."

I nodded and assessed the damage. It wasn't too deep, but it was pretty long.

"So, I don't think it needs stitches, but it definitely needs bandaged and cleaned a couple times a day. I can help you with that," I said. He nodded a little.

I worked quickly on cleaning it up and covering it. He only hissed in pain a couple times.

"Get some rest," I said. I moved over to Jax.

"What's the damage?" I asked.

"Teeth went through my lip," he said. I looked at it and sure enough, he had a puncture wound inside his lip.

"You're not supposed to fight with your mouth open dummy," I said. "But it will heal up on its own. Gargle with salt water to keep it clean."

"Okay, doc," he said sarcastically. "Think my ribs are bruised up."

"In good news, they didn't puncture your lung. You'd be in an OR by now if they had. Get some rest and they'll heal up."

"And this," he said, holding his hands up. They looked like someone had taken a cheese grater to his palms.

"Do I wanna know?"

"Gravel," he said. I looked closer and sure enough there were a couple small pebbles lodged in his palms.

"You boys are going to be the death of me," I said. I grabbed some tweezers and set to work extracting what was there.

About ten minutes later he was done. "Go wash your hands. Keep em extra clean until that starts healing up."

"Yes ma'am," he said, heading to the kitchen to wash his hands.

"And you," I said, motioning my old man to the stool. "What's your damage?"

"None," he said. His eyes were bruised like he'd broken his nose. He'd already cleaned the blood from his face, the only evidence of a nose bleed was the stains on his white shirt.

"Babe," I said sternly.

"Busted my nose." He took a deep breath through his nose. "Not too bad. Couple cuts on my hands. Nothing big."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I nodded and kissed his lips gently before going over to Gemma.

"Anyone else?"

She shook her head. "I am calling it a night. Donut and a couple TAC guys are gonna keep watch."

"Works for me," I said returning to my old man.

"Wanna call it?" He asked. I nodded a little and he led me to our dorm. Kozik was laying on the couch across the room.

"I can crash somewhere else," he said, trying to stand up.

"No, stay there," I said. "You're fine in here. I'm going to check on Tig before I go to bed."

The two nodded and I went to check on Tig. He was still sleeping but he didn't seem to show any signs of infection yet, which was good.

Within the hour I was laying in bed with my old man as his best friend slept across the room from us.