56

At 2:06 pm, Evangeline Maria Lowman was born. The second they laid her in my arms I didn't want to let her go. Ever. But, they quickly swooped in and took her off and started to do all the post birth things they needed to do to make sure we'd both be okay.

"You did it little girl," Happy said kissing my forehead. I smiled softly but I was so tired.

A few hours later, they brought her back to us and I was allowed to hold her as we sat together. Gemma left to give us some time to bond and to put the car seat in the car and make sure everything was squared away at home.

"She's perfect baby," Happy said, staring down at our little girl.

"I know," I said.

We were still sitting there, just bonding quietly when Kozik arrived.

A nurse brought him back to us and he smiled brightly as he bro hugged Happy and they both took seats beside me.

"She's so tiny," Kozik said as Happy took her from my arms.

"She didn't feel so tiny when she was ripping my body in half a few hours ago," I said.

"You did great," Happy said.

"You must've," Koz said. "Proud of you."

I smiled at him as I laid back on my pillows. Today was the best day of my life but it still kicked my ass and I wanted to sleep.

"Here this is for Evangeline," Kozik said, holding out a stuffed bunny. It was a light gray color and he'd had SAMCRO embroidered on the ear.

"That's perfect," I said, taking the bunny from him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he said. "Figured the Princess might as well have something SAMCRO to cuddle."

"Besides her dad?" I asked, looking at Hap as he held Evangeline to his chest.

He chuckled at that and nodded a little.

"I was thinking about trying to transfer. Talked to Lee already and he wrote my letter," Koz said.

I looked over at him completely shocked.

"What about Tig brother?" Hap asked.

"I think he'll get over himself. I can't be a very good godfather from Tacoma," Kozik said.

"Let me talk to him. Tiggy's got a soft spot for me and the baby," I said. Kozik nodded and started to talk to Happy about the people they knew back in Tacoma. I took that as my cue to take a nap.

When I woke up a couple hours later, Kozik was gone and a nurse was teaching Happy how to feed Evangeline.

I smiled at them and Happy noticed and winked at me as I cuddled more into my pillow.

"Love you Hap," I said.

"I love you too baby," he said. Evangeline was starting to fall asleep as the nurse watched the two carefully.

"You're doing great," the nurse said, placing her hand on the bottle to reposition it slightly.

I ended up falling back asleep as I watched the interaction of my husband and daughter. Hap was so worried he wouldn't be a good dad that when he jumped right in and was doing great as he learned it made my heart happy. He was getting to be the dad he thought she deserved and then some which was all I ever really wanted for him. He was clearly happy and so was I. That was all that mattered.