10

The following week, Happy and I spent most my lunch breaks together. We were really hitting it off as friends. On Thursday afternoon, I was trying to punch out as he continually blocked me from the office so I couldn't leave the lot.

"What are you doing for dinner tonight?" I asked suddenly.

I waited for an answer but got nothing.

"Cheap beer and pussy here?"

"Yeah, guess so," he said. "Not the pussy part though. Tig's dick has been in every one of 'em and I try to not put mine where his has been."

"I don't blame you," I said with a chuckle. "Wanna come to my apartment for dinner?"

"What?"

"I don't cook when it's just me eating. I could stand to flex those muscles before they atrophy," I said. He chuckled a little.

"What are you making?"

"Stir fry," I said.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in an hour," he said, finally letting me into the office to punch out.

Gemma glared at me as I stepped in the door.

"I thought you left," she said.

"I've been trying to punch out for twenty minutes. I had to bribe him with dinner to get him to let me in here," I said. She laughed a little at that.

"Told you he likes you," she said.

I rolled my eyes at I put my time card back. "No he doesn't."

"Hasn't touched a pussy since you showed," she said.

"Said he didn't want his dick where Tig's had been, not that I blame him. Tig's has been in some questionable places."

"Or a little birdie told him that you wanted commitment not just sex," she said.

"No man commits for lust when there's loads of free pussy around," I said, inevitably adding to her argument.

"Because he sees something in you Nick," she said.

"He doesn't even know me," I said, shaking my head.

"Give him a chance and let him in. Please," she said. I nodded and hugged her before heading out to my bike.

I worked on making dinner as I played old episodes of Ren and Stimpy. The stupidity of the old cartoon allowed me to relax and think about what Gemma had been saying about Happy. Either way, I'd never make the first move. I would wait on him and his lead.

Almost an hour after I left the lot, a knock on the door made me jump. I was almost done with the stir fry so I hoped it was Happy. I ran to the door and peeked through, smiling a little at the familiar man outside my door.

"Hey," I said softly as I opened the door. He nodded as he stepped inside. I returned to the kitchen as he tied his boots off and hung his kutte on the hooks by the door. Those were a recent addition, thanks to Juice. He'd come over to help me with some decor that I needed moved in and arranged. He told me that I was going to need somewhere for guys to hang there kuttes if they were going to be here.

"Smells good," he said softly.

"Thanks," I smiled as he glanced at the television across the room.

"I, uh, just needed background noise," I said, suddenly self conscious about the cartoons playing on the television.

"Don't worry. They're my favorite," he said. I smiled a little as he walked over to me.

"Anything I can do to help?"

I shook my head a little. "No, I'm almost done. There's cold beer in the fridge. Juice recommended keeping a six pack of whatever you guys have at the bar on hand."

He shook his head. "He around a lot?"

I chuckled a little. "No, not really. He was helping me move some lamps and stuff in and recommended a few things if I was going to be having Sons around."

"The hooks for kuttes?" He guessed. I nodded as I plated up our dinner. He turned the TV off and joined me at the small table that I'd had to clear off when I got home.

As we ate we made small talk and joked around. Happy was quickly becoming one of my closest friends here. After dinner, we sat down on the couch and watched an old Flintstones movie. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side. I nuzzled a little closer letting him know I was okay with his actions.