11

Around two in the morning I was woken up by someone shaking my shoulder gently.

"Little girl," Happy's voice filled my ears. I hummed in response as I sat up.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I pouted a little.

He chuckled at me so I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why don't you go get some sleep in your bed," he suggested. "I'll head back to the clubhouse."

"Hap, it's late," I said. "Stay here."

"No, I'll be fine," he said. He walked down the hall with me and made sure I was settled into bed before he headed out. I laid awake in bed worried about him for ten minutes until my phone rang.

"Hello," I said.

"I'm back at the clubhouse little girl."

"Thanks for letting me know Hap," I said. "'M gonna go get my beauty sleep."

"I don't think you could get more beautiful if you tried," he said.

I scoffed a little in response. "Okay Hap. Whatever you say."

"Goodnight little girl," he said.

"Night Hap," I said and the line went dead. I dropped my phone on my nightstand and curled up in my bed to get some more sleep.

When I pulled into the lot the next morning, everyone was giving me hell before I'd turned my bike off.

"Hey Princess, you and Hap?" Tig asked as I tried to walk past him.

"What about us?"

"You two fucking or something?"

"No," I said as I walked into the office and punched in.

"Headlight and bumper replacement on the Jeep Renegade," Gemma said. "Parts got in yesterday."

I nodded and walked out to the garage where Kip was pulling the Jeep in. Tig followed me anyways.

"I'm confused. See Happy doesn't just stay with some girl until two am if they ain't fucking."

"One, I'm not just some girl," I said. "Two, we didn't fuck. We fell asleep watching a movie last night and he woke up at two. He got me up so I could move to my bed and he headed back here."

"That don't sound like him."

"Did you ask him?" I snapped.

"Yeah and he said the same thing," Tig said. I scoffed as I started to tear the busted up bumper off the Jeep.

"Cause that's what happened Tigger," I said. "Now, if you'll excuse me, Kip and I have work to get done so the garage stays open and your dumb ass still has a job."

Tig stared at me obviously contemplating hitting me or pushing me into a wall or something.

"If you're going to hit me get it over with," I said going to stand toe to toe with the man that towered over me.

Everyone was staring at us waiting to see what was going to happen. I refused to back down.

He raised his right hand and I took a deep breath ready for him to hit me when the hand landed in his hair. Bobby pulled him away and he stormed off as I returned to the Jeep.

Kip was staring at me as I started to work again.

"I know, no one talks to Tig like that," I said.

Kip just nodded, obviously biting his tongue as he looked above me. I hadn't heard him approach but the eyes drilling into my ponytail could've only belonged to one person: Happy.

"What?" I snapped as I spun around to face him.

"You realize that man could kill you without a second thought," Happy said. Right to the point like always.

"But he didn't," I said. "I've had enough of the sexist bullshit."

"I'm not here to fight. Don't risk your neck like that again," he said. It was an order. One I wasn't going to obey, but an order nonetheless.

"Done telling me what to do, or do you wanna babysit Kip and I working on this Jeep?" I asked.

He shook his head so I turned back around, throwing my ponytail right into his face. His hand caught my arm and pulled me back to him.

"You're hot as hell when you're feisty," he whispered lowly. I shook my head but couldn't help the blush that graced my cheek as I started back in on the work with Kip.

"You have a death wish," he said with a chuckle. "First Tig and then the Tacoma Killer."

His eyes went wide for a second.

"Club nickname?" I asked glancing over at where Happy was talking to Clay.

"Yeah, so don't say anything," Kip said.

"I won't," I said, smiling at him softly before we settled into the easy routine of working together.