20

The following morning, Happy woke me up pretty early so he could say goodbye.

"Hey, I want ya to come meet the brother that's gonna be on guard duty today," Happy said.

"Just call him my babysitter," I said, annoyed that I had to get up.

"He brought a special iced coffee thing that you love," Happy said.

I smiled and sat up. "Love him already."

Happy chuckled a little and dragged me out of bed. As we walked down the hallway, I threw my hair into a messy bun.

"Koz, brother, this is Nick. Nick, this is my brother Kozik."

I smiled at the blonde and said hello as he handed me a coffee.

"Thank you," I said, taking a sip.

"Figured if you gotta spend all day with me, you might as well at least like me," he said. "Head out brother. I've got your girl."

Happy just nodded and kissed my forehead. "If he says something isn't safe, listen to him Nick. And don't go anywhere without telling him. I'm serious."

"I know Hap." He nodded and leaned down to press his lips to mine.

"I'll keep you updated."

I nodded in thanks and he walked off out the door with Tig and Bobby.

I sat down at the bar with Kozik next to me and wiped the sleep from my eyes.

"So you're the one with my boy on lockdown," he said.

I giggled a little and nodded. "Yeah, guess so."

"He doesn't shut up about you. I think you're good for him," he said.

"He'd kill ya for telling me this," I said, taking a sip.

"Well, he's never known a girls coffee order before, that's for sure." I smiled at the thought as Gemma walked out of the back and over to get herself some coffee.

"Hey baby," Gemma said. "I've gotta plan the funeral for Kip. Will you help me?"

I nodded to her and she smiled softly.

"How ya holding up with it all?"

I shrugged a little. "I feel guilty about it. I told him to keep his eyes on her cause I knew she was dangerous. I should've insisted someone go with him."

"It ain't your fault baby," she said, walking around the bar and hugging me gently. "I know you were close. It's okay to be upset."

"Yeah," I said. "Think I could ride behind ya. Maybe being on my bike will relax me."

"Nope," Kozik said. "Happy's orders."

I looked between him and Gemma, wanting with every ounce of my being to fight it.

"Go shower and get ready baby," Gemma said. "Hap's just protecting ya."

I nodded and walked down the hall. I showered quickly before dressing in some jeans and a shirt that someone had brought for me. I made a note to thank whoever brought my bag for also grabbing my makeup kit. I applied a small amount before braiding my hair and returning to the bar.

"The answer still no to me riding today?" I asked the second Kozik laid eyes on me.

"Yes. You can fight with Happy about it when he returns," he said.

"Am I banned from the garage too?"

"No," he said.

"Good. When Gemma and I get back I'm gonna go work on my new project. Don't worry, Gemma and Clay gave me permission to store it here so I won't need to leave the lot," I said.

He rolled his eyes. "What's the project?"

"Restoring a 1952 Panhead. Just starting out but I might keep it and sell the bike I've been riding," I said.

"It still amazes me that you're a mechanic and you ride a motorcycle Nick," Kozik said.

I smirked at that. "I do it to confuse men like you. Nothing beats the look on a man's face when he's admiring my bike and I come out of the store and get on it."

Kozik laughed at me before Gemma cut the conversation off so we could go plan Kip's funeral.