40

The next morning I was up before the guys and I headed down to help Gemma with breakfast. A couple of the croweaters were up and working already.

"What else needs done?" I asked.

Gemma just shook her head. "Nothin baby. Jax's calling church at 10. Figured he'd let the guys sleep a bit."

I glanced up and it was only 8:30. "How long you think we're gonna be here?"

"Four day three night minimum when somebody gets threatened," she said softly. The croweaters were talking to each other as they worked.

"I'll check on our guard dogs," I said. Gemma smiled a little and I walked out to whoever was sitting in front of the cameras.

"Anything I can get for you?" I asked.

"No thanks sweetheart," he said. I didn't recognize him, and he apparently didn't recognize me.

"Name's Nick. Get one of the croweaters if you need something," I said.

"Aren't you a-?" He cut himself short as he turned to look at me. "Lowman. That crazy bastard took an old lady? What'd he do? Knock you up?"

"Yes Happy took an old lady. No I'm not pregnant. You got anything else to say about our relationship, you can take it up with my old man. He'd be more than happy to set ya straight."

I turned to walk away and almost ran into Chibs. "He causin problems lass?"

"None I couldn't handle," I said. "How's Tiggy this morning?"

"Up and wanting bud," he said. I nodded before excusing myself to go check on him.

When I pushed his dorm door open, I was met with a sight I didn't want to see. Ima was going down on him.

"What the fuck? Chibs has been gone thirty seconds," I said. "Get dressed and get the fuck out of here."

"You don't tell-."

Tig cut her off with a harsh command to leave the room. I smirked at her as she stormed by me.

"Oh and if I ever see that again, I will cut a bitch," I said. She didn't seem to think I was being serious but I just slammed the door and walked over to the bed.

"How ya feeling this morning Tiggy?"

"Was doing a lot better before you interrupted my blowjob."

I chuckled at him as I looked over the bandages on his stomach. They seemed to be relatively clean but I peeled them off and started to change them anyways.

"I'm sorry but I never want to see that bitch around here again. She has slept with one too many married men," I said.

"I'm not married anymore sweetheart. Let me have my fun," he said.

"When you're healed up," I replied as I taped the new bandages down.

He tried to complain but Chibs returned with breakfast for him and I excused myself.

When I returned to Happy's dorm room, he wasn't in there but Kozik was standing in front of the bathroom sink attempting to change his own bandages.

"Want some help?" I asked, making him jump slightly.

"Hap went looking for you," he said.

"He'll find me eventually," I said, pushing myself off the wall and going to help Kozik with his bandages.

"You know, you're pretty good at this," he said.

"My mom was a nurse before she died," I said. "Learned a lot from her."

"Who would've guessed you'd need it to patch up your biker fiancé and his buddies?"

I laughed softly as I started to reapply bandages. "I wouldn't trade my life for the world Koz."

"Even with lockdowns and shit?"

"I'm the happiest I've ever been. I have a great man, great job, great family."

He just smiled up at me. "When I find the one who cares for me like you do Hap, I'm gonna marry her."

"Good," I said. I pressed the last bit of tape down gently. "Marry her and then take care of her. Don't get lost in the misogyny pit that is the club."

"I won't," he said.

"Promise?"

"Promise."