chapter 3

"Good morning love! Time to get up!" I look over and I see a happy Rina next to my side.

"Morning sis- I'm going to get dressed."

I finish and come out to see my sister ready. We get in the car and head to school. As we reach, she bids me a good bye and heads off to St. Mary's Hospital.

*time skip after school*

Layna texted me that she was able to get off early today, so she was able to pick me up. I'm waiting and I see her 2018 Honda Accord pull up.

Thank god. I have a terrible migraine and I couldn't bear to walk home.

"Hi Lay! How was your day today?"

"Mine was good, I have a terrible migraine." She felt my forehead.

"And a slight fever too. Are you okay? Have you felt any nausea, dizziness or lightheaded?"

"No, it's okay it's probably cause of school."

She looked at me hesitantly. "Okay fine but if anything changes you let me know."

"Will do, how was your day?"

"Better" she replied.

As we're on our way home, her pager starts ringing.

"Crap. It's my attending. Sorry Layna we have to go to the hospital."

She immediately turns the car around and heads to the hospital.

As we get there, she parks and immediately heads through the doors. I follow as quick as I can.

She leads me to a random lounge.

As she's changing, she says "I'm not sure how long I'll be. Stay here and do your homework."

I nod my head and tell her good luck.

*a little while later*

It's currently 10pm and I am absolutely exhausted. My migraine is gone and I'm feeling a bit better. I finished all my homework and studied for my calc test for 2 hours. I envy those people who are good at math.

I'm not sure how long she's going to take again. I decide to get up and try to find the cafeteria. As I go to open the door, it opens first.