chapter 31

Wow. It really felt like fireworks as they say in the movies.

We pulled back and both had big smiles on our faces.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." he said with a smile.

"Honestly same"

" I was a total dick before because I liked you. I liked the way you walked in with confidence and everyone respected you. The way you set an example for everyone. The way you're not afraid to stand up for what you believe in. The way you would sacrifice your own life for Alayna. And most of all- the way you are willing to do whatever is necessary to save someone's life." He whispered

"Luke"

"I'm being honest love"

Gosh those baby blue eyes

"Thank you"

"Stop crying hun, tears don't belong on pretty girls faces like yours"

I laughed. "You're so sweet"

"That's why they call me sweet cheeks"

We both started cracking up.

"Stop before I pee my pants." I laughed out, almost crying.

We both stay there hugging for a bit.

"I like this."

"Me too" I smiled back.

After I bid goodbye to Luke I made it back to my apartment. I walked in and saw Alayna and Liam both making a mess in the kitchen.

"Children what is happening?"

"Liam can't cook." Alayna said innocently

"Haha seriously? What have you guys done?"

"Well I was trying to make some baked chicken, but the chicken ended up burning."

Idiots.

"Okay Chinese takeout it is"

I ordered some quick takeout and went and sat on the couch with Alayna. Liam was cleaning up the mess in the kitchen.

"Hi my love, how are you feeling?"

"Eh I've been better. How are you feeling? You're the one that passed out."

"I'm feeling okay."

"You're rather smiley this evening." She said with a small smile.

"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" she asked.

"Well I mean Luke and I rekindled things and so far it's going well." I said a hit hesitant. I wasn't sure how she'd react.

"Rina, he's a dick."

"Layna he apologized though. He also said I have a permanent job at the hospital for fellowship."

"I think you should tread carefully." Yup she won't make this easy.

Suddenly Liam walks in. "I agree with Alayna. Luke is a good guy. I've known him forever. But please be careful because if he hurts you I promise I'll make his life a living hell."

"Okay bodyguards" I laughed out. I'm glad these two have my back.