chapter 33

Both of us made our way down to the exam rooms. When we walked in, I saw Calum and my sister.

"Hey sweets" she said as she hugged me.

"Hi"

"How come come you guys were late?" She asked confusedly.

Luke and I looked to each other. "I- uh- had to talk to Luke first." I said timidly.

"Hm okay"

"Just to tell him that being a dick doesn't make his any bigger so he shouldn't be one to you."

Calum busted out laughing.

Alayna and Luke's faces both turned beet red.

She looked to me. "Alayna, it's okay."

"Yeah it will be."

"Okay let's get this exam over with " said calum as he stil tried to contain his laughter.

So your sister said that you haven't had a checkup in a while so today we're going to do a full checkup."

"Okay" I said.

Suddenly Luke got paged and bid us goodbye.

He grabbed his iPad. "Okay so first we're going to start with the basics.

"Hop on the scales for me."

He checked my height and weight and input it into the iPad.

I sat back on the table and he took all my vitals.

"Did you finish the course of antibiotics?"

"Yeah"

He nodded. "And how do you feel now?"

"Much better" I said.

He nodded. "That's really good."

Alrighty, so first how are you? How's school going? Any trouble with anything?

"I'm good and school is going well. I have all A's and I intend to keep it that way." I said.

"Very good, that's amazing! I can see you becoming the next Dr. Hart soon!" He smiled.

"Do you drink or participate in drugs?"

"No, absolutely not." I said disgusted. I'm a good child. I would probably feel so guilty.

"Good. And you don't vape right?"

"Gosh no"

He nodded.

"Alrighty, so how are your periods?"

My face is the shade of a tomato right now.

"They're okay I mean. Not the best thing in the world."

"Hmm, your sister mentioned that you've had a few issues with it." He looked to her and continued "she said that sometimes you have terrible pain"

I looked down. I didn't expect her to out me like that. I'm not ashamed or anything- it's just that I didn't want to talk about it with him.

"U-uhh yeah I do. But when I take medicine it goes away."

"Hmmm. How long has this been happening?"

"A couple months now"

"There could be a number of things. It could be something simple such as stress causing it- or something more serious. We should keep an eye on it for a bit. Also, I think we should talk to Ashton. This is his field and he could probably give us a bit more insight.

Wtf! No bro no.

"Hey it's okay don't be embarrassed. I'm a pediatrician, I've heard it all before. I promise it's nothing to be ashamed about."

I nodded my head. Rina gave me a small smile.

"Let's finish up and we can page him."

He listened to my lungs and heart, checked my eyes, ears, mouth & throat, and my stomach.

He paged him. "He's on his way."

"Great"