chapter 29

I woke up in a hospital room. Shit did I pass out?

I looked around and saw a crowd. Liam was holding Alayna in his lap while she slept. That's all I focused on.

Her.

Looking closer she was still pretty sick. Her cheeks were flushed and she looked pale.

Suddenly Luke came into my vision.

"Why hello there" whispered Luke.

"Hi"

I tried to sit up. "Ah ah ah, careful. You lost over 3 pints of blood. You need to relax for a bit."

"I'm fine I need to get up." I said stubbornly.

"No Rina you need to rest for a bit."

"Luke it was only 3 pints. I'm fine."

He looked at me as if I had two heads. "Fine? Are you serious right now? 3 pints is a lot for someone who weighs a 120 pounds."

Damn didn't have to call me out like that. I'm working on the muscle dude.

"Ugh"

He laughed. "Your vitals are boosting back up."

I nodded. "Good then I can get out of here quicker."

He laughed. "I guess so."

When I looked to him, I noticed he was staring intently at me.

"What's on your mind" I whispered.

"Nothing." he said as he waived it off.

"No tell me." I said and I patted the empty part of the bed next to me.

He sat down.

"Talk to me. I'm not going anywhere" I spoke.
No seriously I was still attached to all these wires, so I wasn't going anywhere.

He sighed. "What you did in there was so brave. You willingly gave up your blood without any hesitation to that guy. Now a doctor's job is to do everything possible to help their patient, but you went above that. You willingly risked your life for him. It's incredible." he said softly.

I looked to him. "I knew I could help so I did, it's what you're supposed to do" I whispered.

"No, what you did was incredible Rina. It's admirable." He said with a slight smile.

"Thank you" I said with a slight smile.

"I'm shocked. Another compliment from THE DR. Hemmings? Dang I'm on a role."

He started cracking up. "You deserve it"

"I'm proud of you." he spoke.

"Wh-what?"

No stop or you period hormones. You will not make me look like an idiot in front of my attending.

"Luke" I whispered.

"That's the nicest thing I've heard in a while" I said.

aww shit a tear slipped. Curse you period hormones.

" I'm being serious."

"No what the fuck you weren't supposed to cry" he said almost panickingly.

"They're happy tears Luke" as I laughed.

"Come here"

He pulled me into a gentle hug.

My heart.

I kinda liked this feeling.