chapter 38

Alayna

I woke up. Thankfully I barely had cramps.
Hopefully today would be a better day.

School was almost over. Thank god.

I could finally sleep in.

And I mean, no tests or teachers of course.

I went to the kitchen and made myself some iced coffee. I made some oatmeal and cut up bananas to put in it.

I sat down and checked my socials. I try not to go on as soon as I wake up, but oh well.

Soon, Rina came into the kitchen. "Morning!" She said carefully.

"Morning" I smiled. There was no point in being mad at her. She only wanted the best. We'd have to move forward.

"You have a half day at school today, are you coming to the hospital after?" she asked.

"Yeah I most likely might." I responded.

"Yay!" she smiled.

"Hey Luke also invited us over tomorrow night. It's just going to be us, Liam and the boys."

Oh- um okay.

"Seems like fun"

"Mhmm, I'm excited!"

I smiled. "Are you excited to hang out or to smooch on Luke?" We both know hers and Luke's relationship was progressing fast.

She blushed. "Stop it" she laughed.

"I'll be sure to torment you when you have your first crush" she laughed.

I started cracking up "can't wait"

School was okay. we barely had any work since it's the end of the year. It mostly consisted of us playing games in class and hopping around to different classrooms.

I was on my way to the hospital to meet my sister.

When I got there, my favorite nurse, Ana, said she was in surgery.

I went to the attending lounge and saw the dipshit intern.

"Oh gosh why are you here." I asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Um- I work here" he said giving me a sassy look.

"I know but I don't like you."

"Well sorry can't help you there."

I rolled my eyes and walked out, but before I could walk out, he called me.

"Hey wait-"

I turned around.

"What" I said with a displeased look.

"What's your problem with me? I'm one of the top interns here. Everyone likes me. Even the charge nurse who doesn't like anyone."

Seriously?

"Are you serious?" I asked with disbelief.

"Did- did you forget that you gave me a bruise?" I asked shockingly.

"Okay I grabbed you and it left a mark, big deal?" He said trying to make his case.

"No, it is a big deal. It's certainly not okay to lay your hands on anyone, jackass. I don't care if it's a patient or not, you keep your meaty hands to yourself." I said firmly.

"And for the record, I don't give a fuck if everyone and their mom likes you, the world doesn't revolve around you." I said.

"You need to watch your mouth. That is no way to respect an elder." he said strictly.

Oh the nerves of this guy.

I walked up close to his face. "And it's no way to treat someone by giving them a bruise."

"And for the record" I said with air quotes "you aren't my mom, and you certainly aren't my dad. You don't pay my bills and you are nothing to me. So I could care less what you think about me."

He looked shocked.

"You have to give respect to earn respect" I said.

I heard someone speak.

"Why the fuck are you in here with her? I thought I made it clear that you stay the absolute hell away from her!" Said Luke angrily.

I turned around to him. "Luke it's okay, the bitch knows where I stand." I said proudly.

"Get out" he said. Luke still had his eyes on the intern as he walked out.

Luke came and gave me a side hug. "Hi hun, how are you?"

"Pretty good" I said.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that." He said with soft eyes.

"No it's okay, he knows how I feel" I said proudly.

He smiled. "I'm proud of you."

I looked to him.

"Thank you" I said softly.

It was so nice to hear.

A/N hello friends! Sorry I haven't updated in a minute ! I took a short break but I'm back ! :) I've been focusing a ton on my other book, which you all seem to love! If you haven't checked it out yet, go ahead !! Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Don't be shy! Be sure to vote or leave a comment! Love you guys! <3

Thank you all for the support! 🤍