chapter 20

Chapter 20

Rina

Alayna made her way to the other lounge to focus on some homework.

Before the surgery, all of the interns met up with their respective attendings.

"Today we have Dr. Liam Hart performing a coronary artery bypass surgery. Some you will watch and some of you won't." He said while staring at me.

Wtf is his problem now man.

"Santiago, Miller, Lopez, Wilson, Taylor & Carter- congratulations you guys may observe the surgery.

What the fuck? I couldn't even watch a surgery that was up my ally? Let alone my own brother?

"Please make sure to pay close attention and take necessary notes."

They all cheered excitedly and walked out.

That left me and dipshit. The asshole who laid hands on my sister.

He looked at us. "You guys will continue your normal duties." He spoke.

"Why can't we watch the surgery?" Oops. I said that out loud. Dammit.

"Because Dr. Hart I said so. It's in your best intentions if you follow the instructions given to you." He said angrily.

I'm so confused. One minute this man was soft and gentle. The next he's a total ass.

Dipshit left and that left Luke and I.

I looked to him.

"Why are you being like this? One minute you're so nice and apologetic, but then the next you're a complete asshole. Not only did you exclude me from the surgery, but you also paired me with the idiot who hurt my sister. What's your deal? And before you lie and make up some bullshit- I saw the was you looked at me after Dr. Hart introduced himself- so don't even think about it." I screamed angrily.

Oh shit.

I just yelled at my attending.

He looked at me with a face full of anger.

"You will not disrespect me like that. Last time I checked, you are an intern. The lowest of the low. You are still fighting your way to show that you are worthy in this hospital. If you cannot follow direct orders then I suggest you leave. As a matter of fact. You can. After you complete all the charts you can leave. I'm done with you for the day."

I was angry, shocked and sad.

I turned around and went to the computer. It took me an hour to complete the chart. By the time I was done and it was time for me to leave, my brother's spotlight surgery was finished. All the interns & guest doctors came into the lounge.

Liam came straight for me. "Hey how come you weren't there today?"

I looked up to him with swollen eyes. "Sorry I had a lot of stuff to do." He didn't believe it.

He bent down to me. "Hey" he spoke gently. "What happened?" With a look of concern. Is his big brother side coming out?

"I don't want to talk about it" I muster out. I don't want to start sobbing in front of all these interns & attendings.

I finished my charts. I went to my locker and grabbed my stuff. As I turned around I made eye contact with Luke. He had an unreadable expression.

As I made my way to the door, Liam was behind me.

I went to the lounge to grab Layna. When she saw me she immediately ran and hugged me. When she saw my face she wasted no time in asking me tons of questions.

Liam walked us out to my car and on the way there I explained everything to him. Again, we really don't know each other, but I do know that he'd listen.

To say he was pissed was an understatement.

By the end I started sobbing. It was a lot. I wasn't used to being yelled at. I was always the prudent student who completed all her work.

Alayna looked pissed. Gosh she'll probably put him in his place again.

Liam looked at me. "Ri it's not your fault."

I looked up at him with a "what do you mean?" face.

"It's mine."

hi guys! hope you enjoyed this chapter hehe :)