chapter 40

Alayna

I looked at her as if she had two heads. Before I could react, Rina put her arm on mine and spoke.

"First off, we don't want to cause any trouble. We just wanted a peaceful dinner after a long day of saving lives."

You know cause some people actually have to bust their ass for 12 hours a day working to ensure their patients will be okay.

"Secondly, we were invited. We didn't intrude. And last but not least, you will treat us with respect. Neither of us haven't done anything to ruin your so called "dynamic" so far." Alayna said calmly.

Wow. She handled that way better than I did. Regardless I still have to get my two sense in.

"Also, I I'm not an adult," as I said with air quotes, "-but that doesn't mean I'm not mature. I have a name, it's Alayna, not sweetheart." I said sassily.

This isn't one of those situations where we would just keep our mouths shut for the greater good. I won't tolerate being disrespected, much less Rina. You have to treat me with respect to earn my respect.

She looked shocked. "Excuse me? Who the fuck do you think you are talking to like that?" She asked angrily.

"Well so far there's only one Katy I know sitting at this table, so it's you hun." I retorted back.

She opened her mouth shocked. "You will not speak to me like that. I won't tolerate being disrespected by a little girl."

She got up and walking over to me and grabbed my chin.

"Listen to me, you need to learn some manners. Your parents clearly didn't teach you any." She said in a pissed off voice.

"Get your fucking hands off her." Rina yelled as she forcefully pushed Katy back. She fell on her ass.

Hopefully the fall could help her with some of that hideous makeup.

"Don't you ever put your nasty ass hands on my sister again." She said with a strict face.

I was puzzled.

The boys all sat there shocked. As if they were frozen and couldn't move.

Suddenly my courage hit me like a truck.

I looked to her. "Listen here, you won't ever put your hands on me again. I don't know if Calum likes that, but I certainly don't. The next time you touch me, I promise you'll break more than a nail." I said in a stern tone.

"Okay okay, let's calm down." said Ashton.

Di- did he not see what just happened?

"Everyone needs to sit down and finish their dinner."

"Please, I'd rather go home." I mumbled, hoping they could all hear me.

"Calum, how the hell do you tolerate this thing?I feel like would've given up within the first 10 minutes. Hats off to you for tolerating her man" I told him as I gestured to the Barbie.

"Alayna, please, be respectful." He said solemnly.

She lost that a while ago babes.

"That's it, I'm done. Fuck this." Rina said as she dropped her fork onto her plate as well as the napkin that was on her lap.

"Alayna, get a box and I'll pay the bill- we're leaving." she said swiftly. She carefully flagged the waiter down.

"About time." I said ready to leave.