chapter 21

Rina

I looked at him shocked.

"Your attending, Luke, and I have history."

Bruh I was not expecting that at all.

"It all started in residency. We were all part of the same friend group. There were five of us. Luke, Ryan, Cole Olivia and I. We were all so close. Over time Olivia and I got really close. That made Luke jealous because he liked her a ton. She ended up falling for me and I did the same. We dated for a couple of years until she moved to England to be with her family. Ever since then it broke up the friendship."

I had no words. I was still so shocked.

"But then why is he pissed at me? I mean I get not allowing me to watch the surgery but pairing me with the dipshit who touched my sister is a low blow. He knows I can't stand him." I said.

"What the fuck?" yelled Liam. "He touched you?!" Liam asked, looking to Alayna.

She nodded. "It's fine though I'm over it."

"Unbelievable." exhaled Luke. " both of those mf aren't getting away with this."

He stormed back into the hospital.

Alayna and I both looked at each other and followed him.

We followed him all the way to the attendings lounge where they were all seated around a table. Liam barges in. "Hemmings, I need to have a word with you." he says menacingly.

Damn don't mess with his sisters. Got it.

Luke gets up and makes his way out. All the other attendings look confused. As he comes outside Liam grabs him by the collar and presses him to a wall. "Listen I know we have our beef but it's a pretty low fucking blow to punish Rina for it. Let alone pairing her with that asshole who left a mark on my sister. I don't care if it was small or large or whatever size for that matter- no one lays a hand on either of them. I thought you'd grow up by now and move on but clearly you're having issues with that." he exhaled.

Luke pushes him off. "Well maybe you shouldn't have laid eyes on one of my interns." He said angrily.

Wait WHAT?!

"GROSS" Liam and I exclaimed at the same time.

"SHES MY SISTER!"

Luke looks shocked. "Wh-What? You don't have a sister."

"Yeah I do- we share the same father asshole."

"What the hell."

Suddenly Alayna breaks from her trance and starts yelling.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU CONTINUOUSLY HAVE A STICK UP YOUR ASS FOR NO APPARENT REASON. YOU'RE ALWAYS HURTING MY SISTER's FEELINGS AND DEGRADING HER. IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT. They might put up with it but I sure as hell won't. Piss me off one more time and I will go to the chief and complain how you can control your interns." I exhale angrily.

Liam pulls her back. This was the first time I've ever seen her so angry. He gently picks her up and takes her out.

I look at Luke. He speaks first.

"I deserved that."

"Yeah you did."

"I didn't know he was your brother."

"It's complicated, but yeah he is."

"Listen I have a ton to makeup for. I'm sorry."

"I accept your apology." I say wholeheartedly.

"You can still go home and take the rest of the day if you'd like. I won't hold it against you."

"Thank you"

Luke

Shit. I didn't know they were siblings.

That asshole and I have had beef for a while. And when I saw them together- it made my blood boil.

Gosh I hope I didn't ruin things.