chapter 51

A few weeks later...
Luke

It had been a few weeks since everything has happened. Since then, things have been going really well between everyone. Calum broke up with Katy and we've all sighed a breath of relief. It's been nice having him back to his usual self.

Since then, things between Rina and I have also been going well. I never thought I'd admit this, but I'm falling harder and harder everyday. I finally came to my senses and I wanted to ask Rina out on a date.

I mean we were pretty much a thing but it wasn't really official yet.

Sure we've all hung out as a group and spent time together, but I thought it was time to make a move.

I was a damn board certified surgeon with countless recognitions and awards.

Yet I was nervous as shit to ask her out.

We were all currently at our house having a movie night. It was about 12 am and the movie had just finished. Rina and I were the only ones up still, so we went to the kitchen so we wouldn't wake everyone up.

"I can't believe they're all asleep" she laughed out as she started to wash some dishes.

I scoffed. "What losers" I laughed back.

She giggled.

Now was my chance.

"Hey Rina" I asked her, causing her to turn around and give me her full attention.

"Are you free Saturday night? There's this new sushi place that opened up and I figured we could check it out?" I asked her.

She smiled. "Of course Luke, I'd love to!" She said with a big smile.

A breath of relief. Thank God. I wanted this to be a real date.

"I'll pick you up on Saturday night" I told her softly.

"Sounds like a date" she said cheekily.

——————————————————————
Saturday night

Luke

Today was the day. Something about making it official made me so nervous. Not sure why.

I made my way to Rina's apartment. I knocked on the door and Liam opened it, Alayna right beside him.

"Well hello Mr. Fancy" Alayna joked making those funny eyebrows.

I smiled. "Hello there, is my special guest ready?" I asked her. She opened the door wider and allowed me to come in.

"See for yourself" she told me.

As I walked in, I saw Rina walking out from her kitchen combing her fingers through her hair effortlessly.

She looked absolutely stunning. 

She wrote a light blue summer dress with white sandals and her hair was curled into beautiful messy curls, laying all over her shoulder.

"Hi Luke" she said with a big smile.

I was mesmerized. (A/N man was whipped 😭)

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her, smiling holding out my hand.

She nodded. "Lead the way"

Before she could walk, Liam stepped between us.

"Listen bud, I know you and I are mates but she's my baby sis. Please don't break her heart or I'll break your face." Liam said with a straight face.

I looked to him and nodded. After 4 seconds, he started laughing uncontrollably.

"Y-you should've seen your face" he laughed out, breathless.

I smiled. "Haha, very funny" I said to him smiling.

"No but seriously, take care of her" he said softly after he composed himself 

"Always"

And we made our way out the door.