chapter 16

After the whole incident, I ended up doing my homework at the table. I was currently working on one of my dual classes. Although I'm only 16, I'm able to take some classes at the local college to earn credit early.

I was currently working on calculus and lemme tell you- it's a bitch.

I've been staring at this problem for the last 20 minutes and decided to take a break.

I was scrolling through Instagram and got a notification for a friend request. Hmm.

"Liam Hart has requested to follow you."

Well decline. I don't know a Liam Hart. Oh well.

About 10 minutes later- I got another request from Liam Hart & a dm from him. Weird. Let's see.

It read:

Hello Alayna, you don't know me but I know you & your sister Carina. I'd really like to talk to you guys. Please let me know! My phone number is
Xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Um. What the hell. Creepy asf.

I get up and walk down the hall. Hopefully I see my sister. She needs to know about this ASAP.

As I'm walking I see Luke and a group of interns as well as my sister. I walk up to her.

"Hey we need to talk ASAP." She looks at me confused and decides to pull me into a random room."

" this random guy name Liam Hart DM to me on Instagram saying he knows us and he wants to talk to us."

"Um what the hell?"

"Yeah I know right so crazy."

"Exactly. He knows both of us. Maybe he's a king lost relative? I'm not sure what the hell?"

"Yeah okay dm him and tell him my sister will call you."

"Ok."

Rina

I recognized the name. I knew exactly who it was. Our brother. You see before our parents got together and had us, my dad was married before. He had one son, Liam. Liam and our father never had a relationship. When our parents passed, he didn't even come to the funeral. We never had a relationship with him. He probably knew I would've blocked him which is why he reached out to her.

I haven't heard from him in a while. I know he was hella successful though. He too was an attending doctor at a hospital nearby. I heard from our premed that he was smart. I mean Harvard smart. He was the classic package with the brains, beauty and brawn. He was popular.

Do I want to let him into our lives? No. Because there's no guarantee he'll stay. There's no guarantee that he'll be there when we need him. Do I want to give him a chance? I'm not sure. It's a tough decision.

But on the other hand who am I to stop Alayna from meeting her brother too?

So I decided to give him a call.

A/N hello !! Hope you're all enjoying so far! : ) I just started a new book, "You'll Always Have Us"! Go check it out! :)
Thank you all for your love and support <3