chapter 8

The four of us walk down the hall to the pediatric exam rooms. Ashton didn't join us because he said he had an early surgery tomorrow. He left but not without telling me to feel better.

We got to an exam room and my sister and I went straight for the bed. She helped me into it and sat right next to me. Luke stood right next to me on my other side.

Calum was reading through my medical records on an iPad. After a few moments he begun.

"Okay Alayna, let's see what's the matter." He grabbed his stethoscope from his neck.

I looked at him tiredly. "Im just going to place this under your shirt to listen to your heart". He placed it and I immediately tensed. It was so cold.

Soon after he continued on to the lungs as well as my eyes, ears, nose & throat.

"Okay Alayna, I'm going to ask you to lay down so I can feel your tummy.

Luke and Ri stepped back from the table so I can lay down. Calum gently felt my tummy for any abnormalities.

He helped me sit up. "Okay sweetheart. I believe you have a bacterial infection. I'm going to prescribe you some antibiotics which should help clear it up."

Ri immediately spoke "thank you Dr. Hood." he nodded with a small smile.

"Of course! Anytime. I'm going to grab her medication- I'll be right back."

That left Ri, Luke and I alone.

My eyes were closed due to my tiredness. I leaned on my left, thinking it was my sister but I was wrong. I leaned right into Luke. I hesitated. I did just yell at him not too long ago- and now I feel a bit bad.

As I went to pull away, he pulled me back. "Shhh it's okay sweetheart," and gently put his arm around me.

Ri looked at him shocked. Why was he being so nice? Regardless, she appreciated it.

Soon Calum returned with the medicine. He handed it to Ri and gave her instructions on how much to take.

" I want to see her back next week to follow up and make sure everything is well"

Ri nodded. "Yes of course", while hugging me.

He then came to me and gave me a soft gently hug and told me to feel better.

"Thank you so much Dr. Hood." said Ri. He nodded and left.

Luke walked Ri and I out to the car. He gave me a quick hug and told me to feel better.

"I'll see you tomorrow Carina. Alayna, take it easy and rest please. Feel better."