chapter 12

I'm exhausted. As much as I want to stand up for myself- I can't. I end up sitting in Luke's chair and lean my head on his desk. After a few minutes of Luke yelling at the intern- he leaves.

Luke then turns and looks to me. "Im so sorry sweetheart." He came over with a sad face. He gently lifted up my sleeve to make sure there wasn't any bruising.

I lift my head up and told him it was okay.

"You can stay in the attendings lounge if you want. That way no interns will harass you." I nodded.

He picked up my bag and led me though the halls to the attending lounge.

As we walked in, he helped me get set up on the couch. I was so tired- I needed a nap. I laid down and Luke covered me with a blanket.

"Hope you get to rest hun. Goodnight"he winked.

And I passed tf out.

Rina

I just finished tending to a patient and decided to go check on my main patient. Luke told me about the little incident earlier and I was furious. No one touches my baby sis. No one.

I walk in and I see Calum next to her. She's curled up on the couch sound asleep. He's checking her pulse and listening to her heart. I quietly sit down next to her.

"Shhhh. How's she doing" I whispered.

"Her vitals are okay. She still has the fever though. I'm thinking of giving her a fever reducer to give her some relief. I nod. I gently rub her back.

It sucks being a doctor and seeing the person you love sick. It sucks.