Chapter 18

Arielle

The supper was almost done when Hazel breaks the silence, "where is Angelo. Wasn't he supposed to join us?"

My mind pulls together after witnessing the murder I have lost my mind. I forgot about my brother! I glare at Antonio who is looking at Rocco with furrowed brows. Rocco nods his head and stands up. Removing his phone he walks toward the door.

"What's wrong? Where is Angelo?" My hand reaches for Antonio's hand which is resting on the table. He gives me a cold gaze. I sense like something wrong has happened.

"He will be home soon." His voice is cold.

"We should leave." Antonio stands up and this cousins do the same.

I urge myself to stand up. I am nervous, Angelo is the only one I care about and him being missing for a second can take my breathe away.

We walk outside the restaurant, Rocco is leaning by the car we came in. I stare at him and wait for him to say something.

"Angelo's fine. He got stuck with some works and informed he will not come home tonight." Rocco announces and a relief applies to my heart as I exhale.

"Arielle. You are coming home with me." Antonio added with a sharp gaze.

"No, I can manage and I will have Riccardo as my guard." I utter.

"You are going with us that's final." He opens the passenger seat and forces me to get inside. Once he make sure I am sitting in he then closes the door and gets to the driver's seat.

I watch as Hazel and Bella walks with Rocco to his car. Was it significant on leaving us alone? Antonio starts the engine. He throws a glance at me, "Hazel and Bella will remain at my place with you. I have some important work to deal with thus I am heading out for the night."

"What got so important?" I ask not looking at him.

"You don't want to know about it." He assures me shaking his head. "Things got down." He growls in a low tone.

"Tell me its nothing dangerous?"

He shakes his head, "it's not adept to tell you."

"So, it's out of my syllabus." I mumble with a shrug.

"Kind of." He gives me a daring look. "Our wedding is in two days. Are you excited?"

"No."

"I am." He mumbles.

I glance to his direction with widen eyes and I catch him smirking. He is looking at the road and I don't miss the opportunity to admire his handsome face from the side. His phone vibrates in the mobile holder and he takes it. He is looking at his phone then flickers his eyes to the road. Looks like he is texting someone.

"Antonio!" I shout in rage.

The tires screeches aloud with the sudden break. "Are you okay?" Antonio gazes at me with an apprehension face.

A laugh escapes my lips, "nothing." I grin.

"Why did you shout then?"

"Stop using your phone while driving it's against the rules." My voice is clear with a high pitch and I adore the confident of talking to him in such tone.

"No. No one cares. I don't follow rules instead I make the rules. Darling Arielle." His lips ticks in one side making him appear devilishly hot.

"What else did I expect." I sigh then cross my arms against my chest resting my head on the seat I  beam outside the window.

"Is it how you are going to turn your back on me?" He demands and I can sense the smirk on his face.

I shake my head. "Keep your phone!" I order stubbornly.

Something drops I tilt my head and my eyes landed on his phone, he threw it down. "As you wish." He starts the engine and drives forward.

A smile plays on my lips and I can feel him gawking at me when the car speed lowers. He is such a moody fiancé. I bite my inner cheek so that I can prevent myself from smiling—this is getting harder than I believed.