Chapter 22

Arielle

We reach the door and I can hear the music begin to play. The large wooden double doors open slowly revealing all the people who attended on either side. They all stand but my eyes are locked at the man standing at the end of the aisle—my future husband.

The closer we get the more my legs shake and the more I’m tempted to turn around and run. I let half of my weight fall on Rocco since I am not willing to manage each steps I make.

"Don't panick. I swear, life feels good after marriage." Rocco whispers as we proceed forward.

I plaster a smile on my face and make it looks original. A wide smile appears on my face when I spot Angelo waving at me with a cheerful smile. There are several bruises on his face but nothing cannot take off the charm of my handsome brother.

When we reach the end and the music stops, Rocco kisses my cheek and sends me toward Antonio. Antonio takes my hand in his muscular hand and helps me up the step to stand in front of the priest with him. The priest begins to talk and everyone sits but I’m too lost in my own thoughts to apprehend anything outside of how incredibly handsome Antonio looks.

He looks refreshed and freshly shaven. His face is smooth and tan, his azure sky blue eyes big and sparkling with something I can’t tell— desire? Lust? His tux is perfectly tailored to his body and with every move I can see muscles rippling. His jawline looks strong and his black hair is slicked back. I’m sure my mouth is hanging open but I can’t stop the trance I seem to be in. He’s so...allurig—my greek god husband, Apollo.

And a killer, I remind myself.

Our vows were nothing more than reciting promises, I promise to protect...I promise to be there in sickness and in health...for rich or poor. They aren’t custom written vows you would adore saying to the man you’ve known and loved for years, it’s a deal.

A business deal and the I do is the signature at the bottom that I am not officially sold to Mr. Giordano.

He slides the wedding band on my finger as it matches perfectly with the engagement ring. I grab his hand in turn and slide the golden band on his thick finger symbolizing we are each other’s now. All that’s left is to seal the deal with a kiss.

He places his hand on my back and slowly brings his lips down to mine. Our lips touch perfectly and with enough pressure that I almost want to open my mouth and let him dominate me. After a few seconds he pulls back and the crowd cheers. My lips are left with a tingle and my whole body breaks out into goosebumps but I feel warm inside.

Antonio grabs my hand thrusting me back into reality, he takes the first step down the aisle and wills me to walk by his side. The mansion feels muted but I know our families are cheering and whistling rejoicing in our union. Flower petals are spread everywhere and still being thrown up into the air.

I am married. I am the Capo’s wife. This is my life now. There’s no turning back. Did I have an opportunity to run away? Do I still have an opportunity to run away?

What will I gain after running from him? Where would I go? I have no one now. We continue to walk beneath the flowing petals and amazing atmosphere. Antonio tightens his grip around my hand. When I look at him I see him staring down at me with an emotional expression over his face and the smile on my face disappears.

It is now that I've seen my parents. They are standing close to each other, Father, mother and Luca. I ignore them shifting my eyes to Antonio as he walk further.