Chapter 52

Arielle

My blonde locks is matching the blue dress I'm wearing. I stare at the captivating diamond piece on my chain. Putting my hand on my stomach I stare at the little bump, it's not visible but I know there is a little piece of Antonio and me forming inside here. Antonio clears his throat and I swirl around to gaze at him.

"Checking on the baby?" He asks as he enters the bedroom. Standing in front of me, he glances down at me, "you look pretty." He whispers while bringing his lips close to mine. He kisses me with his hand around my waist. I push myself close to him and kisses him back under a passionate pressure. I feel him smirking before pulling back. His hand travels down to my stomach, his large palm cover half of my small belly. I glance down at his hand and it feels extremely good to have him this much close to me.

"I want to have this baby with you." His eyes meets mine and I spot the fear and grieves engraved over his strong gazes.

"We'll stick together till the end, right?" I sound weak by the moment he shows me his weakest point. I've never seen him breaking down for something he adores—loves.

His hand caresses the back of my head, "I can't promise, Ary." His voice is low brimming with feelings. He stares me with tiny eyes.

"I love you." My eyes brims with tears as I glance at him. He remains quiet but does not remove his gazes from me.

He sighs, "we should probably leave."

I simply nod. The arduous pain in my heart is irresistible. Antonio leaves the room and I follow him. He is wearing black tuxedo with a  black shirt. His pants are slim today. Slicked back hair. Well trimmed dark beards. And the devilish hot look on his face. He looks dashing as always.

We are walking in the entrance of Verona mansion beside the statue of Aphrodite. Antonio halts and gawk me with stitches brow. I give him a what happen look.

"I have a feeling that things might get down after the wedding. I can't let things buried in my heart anymore." He sighs. "If something happens to me and you find yourself dwelling amidst answers and life, I need you to know that I cared for you. Worried about you. Felt something regarding you. Fought for you. And...loved you."

My heard aches hard as our eyes lock. Antonio Giordano chose me. The monster who vowed love was weakness has fallen for me. Yet, I'm scared...

"You are scaring me more than confessing. I should be happy but your cold attitude of setting this city on fire makes me quiver. You'll be getting yourself into crisis, Antonio. I'm not ready to face chaos."

I beam at Hazel who is looking alluring in her wedding dress, it's a divine draping, slik-tulle gown with crystal belt. The white dress makes her look like a goddess. Her marble blue eyes looks captivating with the dark shades near her eyes. Her heart shaped lips are covered with pink lipstick shade. Her hair is flowing around her shoulders. She is standing in front of the mirror with the bouquet in her hand and she is smiling.

"You look beautiful." I say as I approach near her and place my hand on her shoulder.

"Do you really think, Antonio will be able to stop this wedding?" She asks with small voice.

I sigh, "if he gave you his words, he will definitely stop your wedding."

I feel bad to hide my pregnancy from her, bella and Angelo. They are the closest person to my heart and Antonio avoided me to tell them. I am obligated to hide such a big thing. A baby. After some months I will begin to show then what will I do? Stay inside the house for the rest remaining months?

"Here. Have some wine." Bella grins as she waves the bottle of red wine to Hazel. "It will decrease your tension." She mumbles.

Hazel snatches the bottle from her hand, "god, I badly needed this." She downs the wine from the bottle and drinks half of it.

"Easy girl! You are suppose to walk down the aisle in like, ten minutes." I tell her while gazing at the time on my phone.

"Do I care?" She chuckles. "No wonder what will happen after this wedding." Her voice breaks as she speaks. I see how she is holding back her tears. Our joyful Hazel is shatters—all because of Luca. "He said marrying him will be like marrying a stone except for he would use me against all his wants." She says as she swirls in front of the mirror.

There's a knock at the door. "I got this." Bella snaps then amble to open it. Once the door opens Angelo walks inside. He closes the door after he strides inside.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. His face is bruised and I wonder what happened to him. He was good in the morning. Taking off his suit, I spot blood all over his white shirt.

"What the hell happened to you?" Hazel shouts, throwing her bouquet aside she approaches near Angelo.

I stand back and wait for him to explain himself.

"Nothing happened." Angelo puts his hand on Hazel's shoulder and gazes at her with his blue intense affectionate eyes.