Chapter 29

Arielle

It's been two weeks since we got married. Antonio is busy with work. We don't know each other yet. He is not giving me the chance of understanding me. He would come home from work l in dusk. Last time we had sex and he did not treat me like a wife at all. This is being arduous accept the reality of being married to him.

Angelo is now fine, he is working for my husband and the doctor has said all the brokens ribs are now stable. Everything single day I call him when he gets back home, I don't want him to feel lonely in this City.

I am alone in the penthouse. Nothing feels right to be close in this place. I watch at the little shelf in which I have keep my books of Amore series, the novel has nine series and I am currently reading the second one. I read when I am free and after the wedding I think I will have to purchase an entire library, I don't have nothing to do at Antonio's place.

It doesn't feel like being married at all. Usually married couples often go shopping, holidays, cinema, and have dinner together. In my situation nothing is related as normal couples.

Well when I was an adolescent I knew I would one day be married, even if it would have been an arrange married i thought the person would have adored to have me. But being sold to Antonio is completely different. Nothing about our relationship makes sense. Before our wedding I had a feeling somewhere dig inside that probably he could treat me good but no—nothing is sweet with Antonio. He well said about being the dead man of Chicago.

The elevator dings and I drag my attention toward the redhead—Hazel. A warmth runs through me as I keep the book aside and rush toward her.

"What a pleasant surprise." I hug her and she hugs me back.

"Its been a long time." She whispers with a smile before pulling back. "Get ready. We going out for shopping." She says.

"Okay. Give me a second I'll inform Antonio."

She motions with her hand, "no. I already did and he said Riccardo will take us."

"Okay. Give me a minute. I'll change."

I rush to my bedroom and take out a white mini dress in which there are pink little flowers on. Putting on the dress, I let my hair down and don't bother on applying makeup. It feels good to go somewhere after such a long period. Grabbing my purse I make my way downstairs and meet Hazel in the lounge.

"Where is Arabella?" I ask her.

"She went with our mother, they in Italy to meet one of my mother's relatives. They'll be back soon."

"You didn't accompanied them."

"Oh." Sadness crosses her face. "My father ordered me to stay back. The Ricci's will come to Chicago this month for my wedding agreements."

"Things will be fine. Don't be scared." She nods her head with a half smile. "I'm having faith." She says. "I thought shopping can be a distraction from all the crisis dwelling upon me."

"Yeah. Let's get you tension free." I hold her arm and walk toward the elevator with Riccardo following us.

Arriving at the mall, Hazel drags me to the beauty parlor. I don't have any image in mind to do something with my hair. I hate cutting my hair.

"Come on. You should do something." Hazel murmurs before picking up a magazine for hairstyles from the counter.

"Hazel. I'm not cutting my hair." I warn her.

"Yes, you are."

We find ourselves a comfy place in the alcove to make our choices. I spot Riccardo sitting a distance away from us. All the girls are glaring at him—he is handsome. He must be a little uncomfortable to sit inside here with all the girls. If I'll tell him to wait outside he will probably refuse me and start giving me lecture about his job, so better leave him alone.

Hazel opens a magazine with different haircut styles. "I am thinking of doing this one." She places her finger on the messy wob.

"I'll prefer the muti layers, I think it will be good with my long hair."

"Okay. Let's get this done." She winks at me.

Hazel approaches to the hairstylist and have a conversation with her in the process I see her pointing toward me. I think she must he a regular customer here. Everyone is jovia with her.

After felt like an hour, I get to see a new me on the mirror. I thought choosing this style would not suit me but this is extremely lovely. I adore this.

Glancing at Hazel my eyes widens, "wow, you look cute." I say.

She approaches to me, "the haircut suits you really well." She mumbles with a wide smile.

"Thank you for dragging me here." A laugh escapes my mouth.

"Welcome." She grins. "Should we grab smoothies before proceeding ahead with shopping?"

"Sure."

We walk to a cafe then buy strawberry smoothies then head out for shopping. We strolled in some of the boutiques and purchased a couple of things. Riccardo is holding our bags, it's not unworthy to have a bodyguard.

"How is your married life?" Hazel asks when we get in the car.

"If I say yes—I'll be lying." I roll my eyes.

"My cousin is being a dick, isn't he?"

"He is a dick!" I sigh.

I watch Riccardo shooting me a glare from the rear view mirror. "Sorry for offending your boss." I shrug my shoulders dismissively in a sarcastic tone.

"No problem ma'am." He hisses.

"Why don't you prepare him dinner and try to make something romantic which can change a glimpse of his mind." She says.

"He comes home at midnight and he even warned me not to wait for him."

"Try." She utters. "What if he changes his mind and can attract some feelings for you."

"I'll try but I don't guarantee it would work."

What would I cook for him?